• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Free akadama samples.

aaronnorth

You can get some small samples of substrates (including akadama) from Kaizen Bonsai for free - unless you pay with paypal then it is a minimum of 1p.

Ideal if you want to see the colour, size, texture etc.

If you do want a full bag then it is cheap HERE here if you need it posting

DSCF0106.jpg

I am not sure if any of the other of the bags can be used in the aquarium - can they?

Shame powersand is purposeless. It does nothing but cost money.

Garuf said:
Shame powersand is purposeless. It does nothing but cost money.

I will use it again. My tank with it in is a lot more resiliant of infrequent dosing and other issues than the one that doesn't have it. It kight not be the powersand but then again it might be. You can't prove it's always unecessary by a couple of simple experiments on a restricted sample of plant species.

I believe Tom Barr ripped it apart on it's composite parts not just it's growth giving properties.

Garuf said:
I believe Tom Barr ripped it apart on it's composite parts not just it's growth giving properties.

Yeah but a tank is a complex interactive ecosystem and I'm just not so sure you can break it down like that. I'm happy to use it and will continue to!

Yeah I got these before I ordered new soil for my Bonsai.

Can't say anything about them in my Aquarium, but their soil mix I bought saved my Bonsai from horrid garden centre compost that caused its leaves to yellow and drop off. Never happened since!

Ed Seeley said:
Well pumice is a major part of Powersand so that can! Is the Kanuma gravel?

cool, the pumice can go in then :lol: I tested some of them and fond out the "kanuma" floats - shame as it is a nice colour. "moler" is ok though - is that ok to use or is it just ordinary gravel?

DSCF0067.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

Back