• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Free Nano Tank at PFK

Just noticed this deal on Twitter. Seems very reasonable of PFK, 13 issues, a nano tank and £10 voucher for Maidenhead Aquatics for £53.30 was just about to sign up but realised the tanks come in red,white and black. Sounds a bit fussy but I would only want a black one and you don't get the choice. Maybe still take a chance yet not sure.

It ends on the 8th of August mate, for that sort of money you could subscribe again. having the last two copies of the magazine twice would still be worth it I guess.

I saw these tanks in Stockton Garden Centre and the overall feel isn't great.
Only had a quick browse but thought that it was too 'plasticy' and felt cheap.

I was in a bit of a rush so didn't get to
look at it in detail, but it reminded me of something made in China, not Japan :D

AverageWhiteBloke said:
It ends on the 8th of August mate, for that sort of money you could subscribe again. having the last two copies of the magazine twice would still be worth it I guess.

Actually, I would have preferred the pump last month, but I think when you subscribe you can choose start month, in which case I could choose start issue from two/three months down the line, lol

Anyone know whats next month offer might be, lol, hmmmm

EDIT, just checked and I can begin issue from even into 2013 so I may just sign up, just dont know if I want another tank.

Oh damn I really wanted that external filter but forgot to sign up! Don't like the look of the tank tbh.

I saw these online and thought they looked nice but after that plasticky post I think I'll pass this time round. Waiting for a gift i really want.

wazuck said:
I saw these online and thought they looked nice but after that plasticky post I think I'll pass this time round. Waiting for a gift i really want.

If i did get, I will end up doing another shrimp tank, same time, I just really dont have the space. But, I cant think if another gift I would like? Last got the co2 Fluval kit, but not used it, and not sure if I will actually. Someone tell me not to do it, please :lol:

Whitey89 said:
I saw these tanks in Stockton Garden Centre and the overall feel isn't great.
Only had a quick browse but thought that it was too 'plasticy' and felt cheap.

I was in a bit of a rush so didn't get to
look at it in detail, but it reminded me of something made in China, not Japan :D

I would agree with this, even on the YouTube video they look sort of flimsy and look like the hinge on the back would end up breaking. Not impressed with them really, but IMO anything free is good :lol:

As well as the choice of colour being open also....
We reserve the right to provide an alternative gift or a 3 issue extension if stocks are exhausted.

That was a bit off putting! There's every chance you may just end up with magazines. I guess the best way is to keep an eye on it and try and get in early. I used to get PFK just from my local newsagents before the internet was as big as it is now and to be honest I don't think I would subscribe for mags alone. It's a shame but paper literature seems to be dying a death these days. Probably the reason for these type offers, as time goes on most mags will be online as are newspapers these days.

Back