• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Freeze dried food.

Lee iley

HI Guys been looking on eBay at some variety of foods I can give my fish. I was looking a freeze dried bloodworm and daphnia.aree these type of food still full of neutriants and good for the fish.

Cheers Lee

I only feed my fish frozen food and live food Lee, I always get a mix of different ones so that they not always getting the same.

Hi lee
I do feed mainly frozen and live but use some good quality staple for my Brichardi colony as second feed as have loads juveniles that are growing (Tetra pro as my parent fish are used to eating flakes before I had them and refuse granule and New life spectrum Thera 0.5mm)
But 50 quid per month for live and frozen is not good on the pocket .lol
Stick to a proven brand as staple and give them some live now and then for variety
Regards Konsa

Freeze dried foods are just as good as frozen or live food in terms of nutrients. Freeze drying removes only water. Very suitable food for fish that like to take their food from the water surface.

I was advised to pre soak freeze dried food a bit so it doesn't expand in the fishes tummy (assuming you have fish which eat as fast as mine!)

Back