• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Friendly amanos...

Azaezl

Just thought I'd share some photos of my friendly amano shrimp, as I stated on another topic they always swarm me when I put my hand in the tank so today I decided to take some pics, not very good quality but I only had 1 hand so couldn't keep it very steady;

friendlyshrimp1.jpg

friendlyshrimp2.jpg

friendlyshrimp3.jpg

I'm going to try hand feeding a few of them some algae wafer or pellets sometime, but I'll have the camcorder ready for that :D

Londondragon - I never use the flash anymore, pictures always come out looking awful with it.

Ulster - I have no idea why they like me but they do, I get one on my hand and the rest just come rushing. Some are a little bit shy so I have to keep really still but most of them are ok with me moving my hand about with them attached and they sit and eat out of my hand.

Themuleous - Ah yes they do have a habit of picking at my skin, which does pinch a little but on the whole they just walk around my hand tickling me.

Some of the females are berried now, such a shame you can't raise the little ones easily(well without messing about with the salinity), would be great to see little tiny amanos, I'll have to make do with cherry shrimp(when they finally get delievered).

I really must get a video of them on my hand as well, I'll record it when I feed that way I can put a few pellets on my hand so you can all see it. Some of them take the pellets and leave, some of them ignore the pellets and carry on searching my hand and others sit on my hand munching the pellets.

Azaezl said:
Londondragon - I never use the flash anymore, pictures always come out looking awful with it.
Cover the flash with a piece of white printer paper and try again ;) acts as a difuser, if a single is not enough fold it in two and try again ;)

Back