• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Frisky Amanos

Voo

One of my female amanos dropped its eggs a while ago. When i came home from work, i saw them all piling on top of the female - had to take a photo :lol: She was happily picking at the moss, whilst the males were climbing all over.

img3757jc3.jpg

Here, they're still after the female, who's managed to hide inside the wood

37853673vw0.jpg

I tried breeding them once but failed, couldnt keep the water green and clean enough.

Now i dont do anything. They're in ordinary fresh water in my shrimp tank. I have 2 females that are regularly full of eggs, but none survive. One of my crystal reds has eggs though :D

I have an amano who has been carrying eggs for what seems like months now. But i have never managed to breed these.

I also have a nano tank just with CRS, a couple have eggs now, and another one also died.

Good luck fella.

It is fissidens fontanus, i've just ordered some more myself to cover the rest of that log :D

I've got 3 amano's and I'm guessing the largest is female and the 2 smaller ones are males. I've seen something similar with the males climbing all over her, but I've yet to see her carrying eggs. I've had them about a year.

One of mine currently has eggs, she's had them for about a week now,does anyone know how long is she likely to be like that as she seems to have difficulty getting about and isn't as fast or agile as the rest.

Voo said:
It is fissidens fontanus, i've just ordered some more myself to cover the rest of that log :D

It looks real nice. Can I ask where you get it from?

I heard somewhere that the eggs will only survive in brackish\salt water. Don't know if there is any truth in that though. and I am no good at breeding so don;t mind me!... Good luck with them :)

Back