• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FSO trace mix

I've started dosing EI on my tank, and I still haven't mixed up my traces which are due tomorrow, what is the recommended dose?

I have shrimp so I want to avoid dosing too much copper if possible.

Cheers, Jack

Jack

Just my experience.
I'm dosing the full EI amount as per the EI tutorial and I keep shrimp.
They're actually breeding so it can't be too bad for them :D .
I am using the old AE trace elements which I believe had 0.23% copper in it, same as FSO.
Hope that's of use.

Chris.

Cheers for the reply, how do you make your mix? How many grams in how in many mls? And what do you dose?

Cheers, Jack

Hi Jack

Don't do grams, way too complicated :lol: . I did used to, but gave up with all the faffing about with scales etc. Teaspoons much easier :D .
For the reference 20 gallon tank in the EI tutorial we should dose 1/16th teaspoon twice a week.
So for a 4 week supply for the 20 gallon tank you would need:
1/16th (teaspoon) X 2 (twice a week) X 4 (for a 4 week supply) = 1/2 teaspoon per month.
As I have a 180l (approx 40 Gallon) I have just doubled the dose.
So for me it is 1 teaspoon per month mixed with 200ml of tap water and dosed 25ml, twice a week. The 200ml last for 4 weeks (8 doses).
For your reassurance, whilst I was experimenting, I have overdosed on trace but saw no difference in plant performance so went back down to my 1 teaspoon and the shrimp were fine.

Chris

Back