• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Future plans

Garuf

Hello all at ukaps, as some of you might be aware recently I've been thinking about selling up and leaving the hobby, a series of misfortunes, frustration and struggling tanks being the catalysts which brought me to this.
Regrettably I'm posting this as a partial truth. Bringing my tank back from Leeds to Stoke caused the scape to irreparably move and shift. The cube being drained after the eden 501's impeller jammed and I lost the tanks inhabitants sufferes a similar fate in that both sit dry, unscaped and unloved. Further bad news is that you haven't seen the back of me, the equipment has been cleaned and mothballed waiting for me to find a job, I've too much spare time and need the distraction from a recent rough parch, at which point you should see a newly invigorated Gareth producing a similarly successful tank as some of Mark or George or Graeme or any other scaper who's impressed and surprised me here on this forum (congratulate yourselfs now, go on, pat yourself on the back for not giving up and taking part you're what keep us all going). A change of materials and ideology for me in the future too, I plan to use some of the new innovations in my comeback scape and plan it much more thoroughly. I also hope to use petrified rock, driftwood chunks and graded gravels as well as clever substrate barriers as well as honing my skills in maintenance and pruning when the tank sees water. Also, a first I plan to use vast plant orders and will not be compromising with plants and materials like I have in the past. Somewhere in there I'll learn to grow plants too.
So there's the battle plan, it's so long for now but come the first pay cheque I'll be back with arms full of petrified rock, driftwood and gravels and sand.
Thank you all for the continued support and I look forward to be fortunate enough to have a scape of my own.

nice one Garuf.

I think we've all had periods where outside issues as well as disasters/failures with the hobby itself have made us question whether or not we want to continue. I guess that is something that happens with any hobby let alone a hobby that it can be pretty easy to lose control of. lol.

I suppose what makes it worse is that when we lose interest a little the tank goes downhill with the lack of interest.

Good to see you are going to continue as it takes a lot of time and effort not to mention money to get to the stage where you are and its a pity to see it lost to the hobby.

BTW from what Ive seen in the past you already know how to grow plants :) I've only seen the one setup where you struggled.

Maybe think about using 1 tank as a long term scape and the other(s) as short term. Something that you can be patient with, use less light and it can be something to keep you interested when things don't work out with the turbo tanks.

Can be very inspiring to have something that is established.

AC

I knew you couldn't stay away for long. :p

Nah, it's great to see that you're sticking with it - persistance is the key and it would be such a shame to see talent go to waste.

Remember to let us know if you need anything and get that journal up as soon as possible! ;)

Good luck with everything pal. We'll all be here waiting for you when you come back.

Good Luck Garuf

Looking forard to your come back scape :D

Jack

Thank you all for the kind words and motivation. I'm going to rebuild my optiwhite as soon as I've figured out how to strip it back to just panes of glass and reseal it tidily and without leaking like it does at moment, shoddy bloody AE tanks. :rolleyes:
I'm lucky enough to be able to find sirayu stone locally from a local beauty spot, I've also found that garden centres offer kg bags of graded gravel for around £1 a bag so I'll be on the roll soon.
Jobs to do:
Get scaping materials
Strip, clean and rebuild the optiwhite.
Scape, plant and enjoy.
If anyone have any tips they're gladly welcomed.

Back