• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GA in-store display 120P Iwagumi - Fly above the giant cliff

Re: GA in-store display 120P Iwagumi

HC Kings :) I need to learn how to master the HC trimming, i will be needing that soon enough!
Congrats Viktor, tank looks amazing :)

A week ago approx we tested the tank with a white and a black background to see which one could work the best for the final IAPLC shooting.

with dark background all the bubbles is visible no mater when we're shooting. so this one it out, hc is pearl like a hell. :D

5658578442_33ec56d1f5_b.jpg

white background with some lighting gives the look we need here..

5658003339_c6d353f378_b.jpg

so we will stick with that. probably will shoot the final photos next week sometime....

in the meantime the supafly team learned how to fly in a perfect shape ;)
they still exercising ;)

5696334842_d5df8edd39_b.jpg

5695760391_e1c809b6ed_b.jpg

and the cleaning staff get a bonus Mosura food as there's no algae in the past 2 months. :thumbup:

5695747227_a3cdb9faa8_b.jpg

5696324952_6d4668e6ab_b.jpg

:thumbup: :angelic:

The white backing really makes this scape quite magical.

Very nice looking scape and awesome to see it coming together so fast!

But, what I am really in love with is three of those 30 l cubes with a different scape standing next to each other! That looks so awesome!! :D I am going to copy that idea from you :)

Great job, Viktor!

Do the rocks need cleaning, or do the shrimp keep them spotless?

Will you be pruning the HC down at the substrate near the glass, so it's not growing up against the glass? This improves the sense of depth, as I'm sure you know.

Good luck in the IAPLC! :thumbup:

Are you dosing your own ferts on these, Viktor? How many pumps are they per tank size? Breath taking quality, as always, I'm truly envious.

Looks amazing and the white background really suits it.

twg said:
The white backing really makes this scape quite magical.

thanks mate :thumbup: yup looks like in most of the time when you do not have background plants white looks much better.

Antoni said:
Just love it, Victor! Good luck on the IAPLC :thumbup:

thanks my friend :thumbup:

greenjar said:
I love the pictures of you feeding the shrimp :)

cheers ;) they looks very hungry all the time. in the past i only had 10-20 shrimps in a large tank like this, but they work slowly then and most of the time you just can't see them because they're hiding or working somewhere which is not visible from the front glass.

in the gallery we're using much more amanos in the large tanks. especially in this iwagumi we still have around 80 now. they sounds a lot, but they spread well in 240 liter. so this not distracting the aquascape. but this much of shrimps do a hell lot of work. more than a maintenance guy could do in every 2-3 days :lol:

as the tank ran out of algae they accept everything. we're feeding with mosura pellets because of the crs shrimps.

Barbapappa said:
Very nice looking scape and awesome to see it coming together so fast!

But, what I am really in love with is three of those 30 l cubes with a different scape standing next to each other! That looks so awesome!! I am going to copy that idea from you

thanks mate ;) yeah the only thing to watch out is to divide a pressuruzed CO2 into 3 tanks. that gives most of the headaches to us on those tanks.

George Farmer said:
Great job, Viktor!
Do the rocks need cleaning, or do the shrimp keep them spotless?

Thank you George. :thumbup:
This is amazing but we never had to clean the stones in this tank form the beginning. The tank is 3 months old approx now. No beard, no spot there. We had some hair algae on this as the amanos picked up the hair from the carpet quicker, but later they cleaned the stones too. i also had lot of problems with stones because of the spots, beards in the past so this is kind of a miracle ;)

i think the mixture of the elements keep it clean. dual filter (2x2075), ADA ferts, full cold RO water (around 18 celsius), tank also on a low temp around 22-24. light is lifted up a bit, now around 20-30cm with 4 tubes. and of course the 80-100 amanos they do a hell lot of work really.

in the past we had frequent water changes, but nowadays we're on a weekly WC (30%)

George Farmer said:
Will you be pruning the HC down at the substrate near the glass, so it's not growing up against the glass? This improves the sense of depth, as I'm sure you know.

yup i learned the lesson here. thanks George ;) this gave an amazing look on Mark's tank too. i planned to use it as i would not like to trim the full carpet before the shooting. (takes 3 weeks to be in a good shape again).

George Farmer said:
Good luck in the IAPLC!

thanks my friend, i do not count on a good position (the scape looks too simple and minimalistic) but it's a game. good to be there with all the scapers worldwide. :thumbup:

one of our other tank has much better chances. ;)

Garuf said:
Are you dosing your own ferts on these, Viktor? How many pumps are they per tank size? Breath taking quality, as always, I'm truly envious.

thanks my friend ;)

we're using our own on most of the tank except 2 tanks. this is the one and the other is a shady ADA scape with ferns. on these tank we're using ADA ferts. Brighty K and Step 2. also adding easy carbo daily as an additional source of carbon to the CO2.

for 240 liter we're using 12-12 pumps from ADA.
but we're adding the same ammount from the ei mixed ferts on the other tanks.

Tom said:
That HC looks like a layer of fluorescent filter foam! Love it! I like the way you've trimmed it around the rocks too.

Thanks Tom, i guess i will never repeat this success with HC. So will enjoy as much as i can in the next few months. :lol:

now it's around 2cm height in average (or a bit more) but so dense that it not looks bad. so we changed our mind and not trimming to super thin here.

Around the rock this looked too sharp/edgy when we trimmed this out. Simplyfied the layout too much. Not sure the current one is better but gives a better impression when you watch the overall image. :angelic:

Gill said:
Looks amazing and the white background really suits it.

Thanks Gill :thumbup:

This looks so damn inspirational Viktor. Good work

I'll second the HC trimming towards the glass. Thanks to George, it transformed the look of my foreground...

looks crazy mate!!

the hc really does look like a dense layer of green filter foam. Think of how many tanks you could plant up when taking this one down! 8)

is there anywhere we can view more details on the 3 nano's??

cheers viktor

As the tank is on the IAPLC contest i share a bit of details from the final shooting. Hopefully you will like it. ;)

You know what, i love this wild HC field ;) Was a good decision i kept the extra hc around the stones in place. the final photo looks awesome. can't wait to share it with you guys. :angelic:

5727240446_b479e24154_b.jpg

Cracking photo Victor.....to go with a cracking scape! Looking forward to seeing some more photos.....

Well done!

Trimming time! .... ;)

Actually just did that yesterday. :angelic: Took 4 hours with trimming, net the tons of tiny leaf, which was like 10 liters after the process ;) Double water changes and for today this is nice and clean.....

Some part of the carpet has 8-10cm height bushy hc forest on top of it so there the carpet looks bad, but let's hope the next 2 weeks will help on this.

Here is my nice and clean english grass carpet ;)

5796676874_4862d1dd8b_b.jpg

5796689396_494f6960fd_b.jpg

5796128941_c67e8a6bb3_b.jpg

Hi vicktor

I notice some yellow patches. with no leaves. Will this grow back, is this how hard to tim HC?

I trim mine quite hard, but underneath is still bright green. Maybe i should trim until nearly disappeared?

sorry for all the questions my friend. :thumbup:

Back