• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GA in-store display - Moss forest 180L

Ready for IAPLC ;)

5741259210_00ccf56537_z.jpg

thats a 1st place Victor!

if you shake your head really quickly, you can seen the scape. Lets hope Amano is epileptic. lol.

Hi Viktor,i cannot believe it,this aquascape is more or less what i have planned for my 80x40x40 setup,this is a superb example of an ADA nature aquarium,excellent work my friend,

john.

john starkey said:
Hi Viktor,i cannot believe it,this aquascape is more or less what i have planned for my 80x40x40 setup,this is a superb example of an ADA nature aquarium,excellent work my friend,

john.

Thank you my friend. ;) :thumbup:

The story of this image is funny. We had an official shooting session last week on all of our scapes. But at that time this was trimmed and not looked good. One week later the stems reached the surface again and the scape looked awesome so we had to do another round, but this time without all the prof photo gears.

We have too many things to do so we left the shooting to the end of our business hours. Without any professional lighting - we only used 2 T8 as a backlight and the Aquarium lighting. We forgot to bring the hairdryer, so we had to blow the surface ;) Packed the tank and myself in a black cloth meanwhile my friend blow the surface. Did a couple shot in 10-15 minutes and we were ready. Shame, but one of the best tank got the less time for the final capture, but the image is still very good. Hopefully we will be able to share it later. :thumbup:

we had some algae issues on this tank in the past month. since i checked through all the possible issues it turned out the massive mosses caused the algae breakout. had too many invisible dirt in it and under the moss carpet. so we throw out part of the mosses and replaced the upper part to fissidens. also replaced the background plants to pogostemon stellata, rotala r., rotala sp green. this sitll need to grow in but you get the idea. ;)
this tank will be rescaped also by the end of the year.

6285814082_0ca7398b8f_b.jpg
Green Aqua - Showroom by viktorlantos, on Flickr

6285293521_ed3729c6cc_b.jpg

6285292425_af2d6a7131_b.jpg

Moss is harder is some ways over time to keep.
Gets dirty, gets into all filters and where it does not belong.
Grows fast

But has a nice look and darker cool feel.

Also catches all sorts of algae and pest plants.

I always found lots of shrimp to clean it was very helpful.

plantbrain said:
Moss is harder is some ways over time to keep.
Gets dirty, gets into all filters and where it does not belong.
Grows fast

But has a nice look and darker cool feel.

Also catches all sorts of algae and pest plants.

I always found lots of shrimp to clean it was very helpful.

Yup you're right Tom. They looks amazing, but keeping them on a long term adds many challenges to the scaper. We had algae attack 2 or 3 times in the past 10 months since we started it. All because of the detrius which collected under the mosses. So we learned the lesson to suck out everything under these mosses which helps a lot to keep it algae free.

Soft water really add a new dimension to these mosses.

And what i've seen on some of our tanks, that high light helps to make it look better. More bushier, more vivid green. However this is really not needed to keep them. They just looks 10 times better with that ;)

I have to add that the current moss does not look the best here. It was in the past, but we used H2O2 on one of our algae attack to manage the hair algae and this was too much for the mosses. Still a few chunk survived nicely as you can see on the christmas tree image above.

Back