• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gambusia affinis/holbrooki

NAJAS GUPPY

Does anyone know where to buy the titled fish anywhere in the uk. Ideally scotland...
Are they on the banned list even? Can't find them on the band list but also can't find them for sale... i wonder if they went the way of the apple snail due to damage in spain.

Any help in achieving my dream haha would be much appreciated

OMG these are a plague in Australia. They eat all our natives and frogs; except for mosquitoes that they were supposed to control.

I see them in ponds etc and quickly introduce them to Mr dry soil or hard rock.

OMG these are a plague in Australia. They eat all our natives and frogs; except for mosquitoes that they were supposed to control.

I see them in ponds etc and quickly introduce them to Mr dry soil or hard rock.
Yep. Always fancied them. Really like wild livebearers and their drab colours.

For a fish that has colonised (i think) every continent their extremely hard to find

I suppose people will not want then getting introduced any further so won't stock them incase they get added to ponds

their extremely hard to find
The irony eh.

In Australia you can be severely fined if you keep or breed em. You are not even allowed to take them from the wild without a quick introduction to Mr hard-ground or Mrs air.

Back