• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Garage farm tank, White Anubias petite

cool.

all grown submerged? any nutrient limiting? it doesn't look like it from the set up. :)

I would say that only in this picture there are plants over 6 thousand dollars (assuming that there are at least 60 plants, maybe more, that cost 100 dollars each)....

Jordi

Yea they probably are out of what i would pay for a plant but yea are cool looking things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White leaves mean there is no chlorophyll? I wonder how this plant could grow. I suppose it requires more light to compensate lesser chlorophyll. And probably grows very slow.

Hi all,
White leaves mean there is no chlorophyll? I wonder how this plant could grow. I suppose it requires more light to compensate lesser chlorophyll. And probably grows very slow.
Yes. It is only the small areas of green tissue that are photosynthesizing. Depending upon the nature of the variegation the plant might go green in lower light (or it might just die).

I'm probably in a minority of one, but it looks a horrible sickly thing to me. I much prefer the standard dark green.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,Yes. It is only the small areas of green tissue that are photosynthesizing. Depending upon the nature of the variegation the plant might go green in lower light (or it might just die).

I'm probably in a minority of one, but it looks a horrible sickly thing to me. I much prefer the standard dark green.

cheers Darrel

Hehe, they don't look expensive for me at all, look too much like (ubiquitous) Epipremnum aureum with white variegation.

I had one of the original ones way back in the 1990's, I let it die though. That same stock ended up 15 years later being this same plant.

I like them for contrast purposes only. And they are rather easy to grow, any fern/Buce, Anubias tend to be good money makers over time. New leaves on all plants have less chlorophyll, so the 1st 3-4 leaves tend to be very white.

They are not hard to grow. Pinto is a larger type of nana, it's not as white as these in submersed form. This is a whiter petite nana variety. Some virus wiped out some Asian growers, so now it's very rare over there.

The soil is new ADA AS, rich CO2, pack of SAE's and feeding often, there's not much plant biomass,so there's not much nutrient demand and the light is pretty low.
So I add some GH booster every once in 3-4 weeks, maybe some trace mix once a week if I remember, but they grow fine with rich or lean ferts, Anubias just do not have that much nutrient demand. And like all plants, the lower light means even less.

I'll sell off another 20-30 plants or so, then figure out what I'm going to do with them scape wise. I need to find a use for them in a scape at some point.I tried a few things, but the 120 gallon is too high light for ideal growth. The 70 was good, but they do best rooted in soil and there's no spot for them in there. Which leaves me to the 180 and that's not really got any decent spots as is either.

cool.

all grown submerged? any nutrient limiting? it doesn't look like it from the set up. :)

All submersed grown, not really limiting for the given rate of growth and the plants, ADA AS is fairly new in this tank.

Back