• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gareth's 60cm rotalla scape.

Re: Let's help Gareth pull his scape together.

In the flesh it doesn't, open it up and look it's horrible! :rolleyes:

Erm, What? :?

You probably could but you'd then only have 1" to plant the rotalla in which isn't really that much. I'll post a picture without the rock and the slightly altered rock work when I can. it looks better without the rock to my eyes.

Odd, is everyone else seeing them?

thast a rather large image dude. i took forever to download. anyway i can see it.

hey dont feel bad about not using the c heferi. i'd of placed it different to where you got it anyway. be prepared for the old leaves to die on you too. until it settles in. mine as just started to look the stunning plant that it is. ;) bet ya rip it out!

i'm liking what youve done. whats the plan for the foreground?

Hc for the foreground I'm thinking, if not m drummundi . I planted the C H as though a stem wall was going to go behind it but that doesn't look likely.
I'm really not happy with the hardscape anymore, the wood yes but the rock work isn't sitting right, I don't know if it's just me being too critical or what I dunno, I just couldn't get the right lines in the rocks and now it's worse than it was.

HO hum, soldier on. Cheers saintly, how would you have done it?

Garuf said:
Cheers saintly, how would you have done it?

remember your previous post about placment of c helferi?....now im aware you have a small tank but what i'm seeing from small plantlets of c helferi that i have, it's a real slow grower and suits mid ground so well due to its light green colour. Amano's proof of that even in a smaller aquarium.

once my plantlets become big enough to be above my crypts i'll plant it in the mid ground too.

it does go through a lengthy acclimatisation though.

for the forground, glosso and hairgrass accents. the wood is great. what overall shape are you going for?...centere weighted at a guess?

Stop fiddling with the hardscape! It looked fine, I always fiddle because I look at the tank too much and get too critical about it. ;)

Yeah, I dunno it's a funny plant.

Mmm, I'm going for a massive bunch of rotalla in the middle, I'm thinking blyxa in the back corners, I was looking at crypts but I don't know how they'd fit in and I don't know that much about plants. I was going to use a red plant as a focal but with this tank being on my desk I get to look at it a lot and I've decided that I'm going to use bolbitis as the focal point on the vertical part of the left hand wood. Maybe put in some of that Myriophyllum mezianum with the needle leaves as an accent. If not I've a soft spot for the warm colours of n. pedicillata and think that might work well.

Urgh and a 5 plant special order, useless.

Nearly there now. Just waiting on bolbitis and HC to arrive. What do people reckon?
42112796uy8.png

just popped over garuf,

the wood looks different after planting. theres "V" vibe going off on the left. but the whole thing can and will look different once grown in.

Hey saintly, I've planted the P.P. with the hope that it will grow in between the V and highlight that part of the scape. I can't wait to see it grown in, I'm excited already. I'm really happy with how it's turned out now there's some more mass.

Back