• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gareth's 60cm rotalla scape.

Re: Let's help Gareth pull his scape together.

Looking good, Garuf - I think you're on to a winner.

In terms of aquascaping, I might move the left piece of wood to left more ever so slightly, but that's just me.

Just a quick question, is it too soon to be doing a trim? The rotalla is rampant and is touching the front of the tank. Can I trim and replant to get denser planting or should I wait another week?
I think this thread should be rehashed and moved to journals.

Trim time! :D

No pictures I'm afraid. No batteries in the camera. Yes please, Ed. I'll edit the first post too.

Garuf said:
No pictures I'm afraid. No batteries in the camera. Yes please, Ed. I'll edit the first post too.

There you go mate! :D

Much better thanks Ed.
I'll try and get photos up tomorrow the rotalla is all replanted and much much more densely. I've also attached the bolbitis it looks a little insignificant at the moment but I know it'll bulk out, I'm not rushing it. The Hc I'm going to plant next monday giving it 2 weeks to get used to being underwater before splitting it up.
I'm hoping my purigen will arrive too the wood is still leaking tannins and giving me a horrible yellowy water. That aside I'm really happy with how it's coming along. Just hoping to keep on top of everything.

Okay, so I've sat and stared at this tank for the vast part of the day and I think I'm going to break it down, I've tried reworking the rock as it wasn't working for me and I just can't seem to find a balance so as soon as I have time I'm going to strip it back, whack in some fresh AS and try and get things spot on. The lack of depth and variance at the edges is really troubling me too.

Back