• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gas escaping between hose and diffuser

Romeo

Seedling
I just bought an aquario diffiser.
Despite all efforts it continues to leak between where the hose meets the diffuser.
I have tried pushing the tubing as far down as possible over the nipple of the diffuser... does nothing.
In all their pics and videos the tubing is roughly .5cm over the inlet of the diffuser.
I even tried gluing around the perimeter of where the tube meets the diffuser and co2 is still escaping...
Does anyone know why this is happening.
It has nothing to do with working pressure. It leaks out regardless of the pressure.
Also, the tubing is very tight. I have to soak in hot water just to get onto the diffuser... still co2 leaks out.
So frustrating.

I just bought an aquario diffiser.
Despite all efforts it continues to leak between where the hose meets the diffuser.
I have tried pushing the tubing as far down as possible over the nipple of the diffuser... does nothing.
In all their pics and videos the tubing is roughly .5cm over the inlet of the diffuser.
I even tried gluing around the perimeter of where the tube meets the diffuser and co2 is still escaping...
Does anyone know why this is happening.
It has nothing to do with working pressure. It leaks out regardless of the pressure.
Also, the tubing is very tight. I have to soak in hot water just to get onto the diffuser... still co2 leaks out.
So frustrating.

I donot think it is the diffuser. More likely the hosing. Has it got any writing on it re branding?

I donot think it is the diffuser. More likely the hosing. Has it got any writing on it re branding?
It is CO2 specific hosing from co2art.
This is why I am completely mystified.
I seem to have every problem when it comes to setting up co2

In that case defo the tubing. Co2 Art had what I think was a bad batch of tubing last year. It did work with their bulkier fittings though.

would be worth going back to them as they are aware of the problem.

Their new stuff actually has CO2 Art written on it.

ps. Mind how you get the tubing off the AquaRio / Twinstar diffuser as they can break easily!

That would mean both the regulator and tubing I bought from them was faulty.
But I only purchased the tubing in the last month - surely they aren’t still selling the tubing if it is faulty.

I am never touching anything from co2art again. It has taken me 4 weeks just to convince them the regulator was faulty - now the tubing is faulty as well.

So much for reputation.

In that case defo the tubing. Co2 Art had what I think was a bad batch of tubing last year. It did work with their bulkier fittings though.

would be worth going back to them as they are aware of the problem.

Their new stuff actually has CO2 Art written on it.

ps. Mind how you get the tubing off the AquaRio / Twinstar diffuser as they can break easily!
So I spoke to co2art and they are denying any issues with their tubing.
They have stated the diffuser has a design fault and doesn’t have a nipple for securing the tubing onto.
How is it one of the most popular diffusers has a fundamental design failure.
I have never heard of anyone saying the aquario diffusers can’t be connected to tubing without leaking.

Just stumbled on this thread and am having the exact same issue.

I had a Blau diffuser from Aquarium Gardens before, which worked fine (I accidentally snapped the glass). I just got 2 Twinstar Neo Diffusers today to replace as I figured I would go down the acrylic route instead.

My tubing is also from Co2Art, and has Dong Ling on the side, but it didn't have the problem with the first diffuser.

I did do a little test. With the old Blau one I once used a syringe to flush through plain water after a bleach clean, and it was much easier to syringe water through than with the new Neo one. It seems that the Neo ones need more pressure to push through. I have tried everything from 20psi to 50psi, but the issue is still persisting that it leaks from where the tube is connected before it builds enough pressure to diffuse. Problem with both the Neo diffusers that I bought, so not likely to be a faulty diffuser.

Love to hear any other thoughts, or if you managed to solve this?

It is the Dong Ling tubing I’m afraid. It is normal co2 tubing but seems much softer so tends to flex much easier letting co2 out at the join with the super slim Twinstar diffuser.

Yes it is co2 tubing so perhaps not co2 arts fault, in fact for them it may have been better as it stretched to go iver their thick diffuser easily. They do know there is an issue with it.

Their new tubing has co2 art written on the side and is perfect old fashioned stiff tubing.

I’d just return the whole kit to CO2 Art - did you purchase direct or through a local distributor?

FWIW it seems there are more issues discussed on the US forums (than ukaps) ...

Overall I have had a good experience with the regulator and their support previously.

I am going to get some new Co2 tubing and report back to see if it works.

It is the Dong Ling tubing I’m afraid. It is normal co2 tubing but seems much softer so tends to flex much easier letting co2 out at the join with the super slim Twinstar diffuser.

Yes it is co2 tubing so perhaps not co2 arts fault, in fact for them it may have been better as it stretched to go iver their thick diffuser easily. They do know there is an issue with it.

Their new tubing has co2 art written on the side and is perfect old fashioned stiff tubing.
I have spoken to them at length and co2art are not admitting any fault with their tubing, that’s for sure. I am happy to share the correspondence, but they were very vocal about their disdain for aquario diffusers. I quote, they have no experience with co2 and are the only diffusers on the market without a nipple for securing tubing to the diffuser. It is an inherent design and manufacturing fault by aquario, not the tubing supplied.

Either way, I have tubing and a diffuser that can’t be the used together and neither party is willing to accept responsibility.

Given my co2art regulator was faulty out of the box, I am not sure I agree with their comments on aquario. Overall, they better get their quality management under control, or all those glowing reviews will disappear.

Just stumbled on this thread and am having the exact same issue.

I had a Blau diffuser from Aquarium Gardens before, which worked fine (I accidentally snapped the glass). I just got 2 Twinstar Neo Diffusers today to replace as I figured I would go down the acrylic route instead.

My tubing is also from Co2Art, and has Dong Ling on the side, but it didn't have the problem with the first diffuser.

I did do a little test. With the old Blau one I once used a syringe to flush through plain water after a bleach clean, and it was much easier to syringe water through than with the new Neo one. It seems that the Neo ones need more pressure to push through. I have tried everything from 20psi to 50psi, but the issue is still persisting that it leaks from where the tube is connected before it builds enough pressure to diffuse. Problem with both the Neo diffusers that I bought, so not likely to be a faulty diffuser.

Love to hear any other thoughts, or if you managed to solve this?
Sorry mate, no solution. Just two companies (co2art apointing the finger at each other. I would definitely write to both co2art and aquario to tell them. The more people the better, as it appears they are both in denial.

I don’t know if I said this already, but the only solution I could find was to glue the diffuser to the tubing. Horrible idea using superglue, as it has turned the acrylic a horrible white colour.

I wasn’t thinking, and was so frustrated by the fact all the co2 was escaping from the tubing.

As far as co2 art are concerned the aquario diffusers are faulty and not fit for purpose. I guess someone didnt tell the masses of people who buy these diffusers and the high profile aquascapers that swear by them.

I
Overall I have had a good experience with the regulator and their support previously.

I am going to get some new Co2 tubing and report back to see if it works.
I only just bought new co2 tubing from them and it was still labelled dong ling, so don’t waste your money buying more.

I’d just return the whole kit to CO2 Art - did you purchase direct or through a local distributor?

FWIW it seems there are more issues discussed on the US forums (than ukaps) ...
They won’t take it back. They are denying there is any fault with the tubing and that it is a design fault of aquario diffusers.

I had to laugh, even in the promotional picture it is leaking gas at the connection point.
047AEE5B-F150-435B-BF67-9762BC6A5436.png

Given that the regulator is also problematic, I’d look at insisting upon the return (assuming you paid via CC)

I suspect shipping costs are greater value than the tubing - but if you bought this as complete CO2 kit, then the tubing must be compatible with the diffuser

Given that the regulator is also problematic, I’d look at insisting upon the return (assuming you paid via CC)

I suspect shipping costs are greater value than the tubing - but if you bought this as complete CO2 kit, then the tubing must be compatible with the diffuser
I am still in negotiations regarding the regulator.

The diffuser wasn’t bought from co2art obviously. It is an aquario diffuser and was bought through Amazon.
I have not been able to talk with anyone from aquario about the issues.
I am not surprised to hear other people are having issues with the tubing and diffuser.

Back