• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gas escaping between hose and diffuser

Overall I have had a good experience with the regulator and their support previously.

I am going to get some new Co2 tubing and report back to see if it works.

It will, either pick some up from your local shop or order a couple of metres from eBay.

The diffuser is fine, it is the weird Dong Ling tubing that is the issue. Normal co2 tubing fits the Twinstar diffusers perfectly.

It will, either pick some up from your local shop or order a couple of metres from eBay.

The diffuser is fine, it is the weird Dong Ling tubing that is the issue. Normal co2 tubing fits the Twinstar diffusers perfectly.
This is the response from aquario:

The pipe diameter of Neo Diffuser is about 4.4Ø. Therefore, you can use it by connecting a tube with an inner diameter of 4Ø.

In general, you can use it by connecting a tube for air pump.

As a component of our NEO CO2 (fermentation method ), it is sold with tube for air pump.

1589361588820.jpeg

And Neo Diffuser does not require very high pressure, unlike other products.

The output pressure of a typical air pump for aquarium is 0.01MPa ~ 0.025MPa.

1589361588887.jpeg

The minimum Input pressure for Neo Diffuser to operate is from 0.03 to 0.05 MPa.

1589361588954.jpeg

In other words, at a slightly higher pressure than a typical Air Pump, Neo Diffuser produces very fine bubbles.

That's why Neo Diffuser doesn't need a nipple.

I have always been told to use roughly 30 psi for in tank diffusers.
According to the information from aquario you only need 4 psi to operate.

Has anyone heard of, or used just 4 psi for an in tank diffuser?

I haven’t test their claims as yet.
I have informed them that not many people realise you only need 4 psi to use the aquario diffuser.

The pipe diameter of Neo Diffuser is about 4.4Ø. Therefore, you can use it by connecting a tube with an inner diameter of 4Ø.

This is the important part.

If the regulator is working fine now, pick up a bit of tubing elsewhere and happy days.

If the regulator isn’t working return the whole lot. You are in the U.S. you could get a GLA system Instead.

@Siege is right you just need a co2 tubing from eday the neo diffuser is one of the best intank diffusers ive used and never had a issue with them but I've not used co2art tubing always used cheap co2 tube from eday

@Siege is right you just need a co2 tubing from eday the neo diffuser is one of the best intank diffusers ive used and never had a issue with them but I've not used co2art tubing always used cheap co2 tube from eday
May I ask, do you follow their recommendation of only using 4 psi working pressure?
I am yet to talk to anyone who has stated they use such low pressure on a ceramic diffuser.
I am not sure who to believe... given my horrendous experience with co2art to date, more inclined to listed to aquario.

30 psi is fine.
Know 30 psi is fine, but interested to know of anyone has used the diffuser with only 4 psi working pressure.

I would try, but my co2art regulator is faulty and I can’t adjust my working pressure.

Hi All,

I got some new tubing in today from Aqua Essentials and am happy to report it works a treat. Just so people know which one I used, it was https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/neutro-clear-co2-tubing-per-metre-p-2095.html

Bubbles are really fine, well when compared with the glass Blau one I used previously.

Running my system on 40 psi and its seems to be totally fine.

For test purposes I have tried to lower the psi, and by the time it got to around 25, it had really slowed down to almost nothing coming out of the diffuser, so I don't really believe that it will run on 4psi.

Interestingly, the tubing from Aqua Essentials is softer and more pliable than that that of Co2Art, so I am guessing this helps it create a better seal around the Neo diffuser. Though I also agree that the Neo one could probably do with a small nipple to help create a nice seal, though with this slightly softer tubing it does still work. The tubing is not as soft as standard airline tubing, but again still softer than the Co2Art one.

Overall good experience with Co2Art for me, especially when my first diffuser was playing up, but it just seems their tubing is not compatible with any diffuser that does not have a nipple to create a seal.

Hope this is helpful to someone!

If anyone wants a short video or something of a comparison, I am happy to make something and show

Hi All,

I got some new tubing in today from Aqua Essentials and am happy to report it works a treat. Just so people know which one I used, it was https://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/neutro-clear-co2-tubing-per-metre-p-2095.html

Bubbles are really fine, well when compared with the glass Blau one I used previously.

Running my system on 40 psi and its seems to be totally fine.

For test purposes I have tried to lower the psi, and by the time it got to around 25, it had really slowed down to almost nothing coming out of the diffuser, so I don't really believe that it will run on 4psi.

Interestingly, the tubing from Aqua Essentials is softer and more pliable than that that of Co2Art, so I am guessing this helps it create a better seal around the Neo diffuser. Though I also agree that the Neo one could probably do with a small nipple to help create a nice seal, though with this slightly softer tubing it does still work. The tubing is not as soft as standard airline tubing, but again still softer than the Co2Art one.

Overall good experience with Co2Art for me, especially when my first diffuser was playing up, but it just seems their tubing is not compatible with any diffuser that does not have a nipple to create a seal.

Hope this is helpful to someone!
Great information.

I am also doubtful about the statement it can be used with as little as 4 psi.

I did ask why this isn’t stated on their site or With the diffuser. I know they show the pictures of it working with very little pressure - just above a normal air pump!

Unfortunately for me, my co2art experience has been a nightmare. The tubing doesn’t work and my pro series regulator was faulty in just about every way imaginable - default operating pressure too high - working pressure knob doesn’t work and the needle valve was so tight it took pliers to move it.

Back