• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George Farmers Book

Paul27

I've just got home from work to find @George Farmer book has arrived.

Looking forward to reading through this

20201106_161406.jpg

Very jealous. Can’t wait for my copy to land on the doorstep. Ordered on 15th March, but now showing Jan instead of the nov release. Guess i’ll just have to be patient and it will be something to look forward to in gloomy January

Very jealous. Can’t wait for my copy to land on the doorstep. Ordered on 15th March, but now showing Jan instead of the nov release. Guess i’ll just have to be patient and it will be something to look forward to in gloomy January
The Jan release date is for the second round of pre orders.

When I ordered in January, Amazon said June delivery. Then said they didn't know when it would be. Then they said Nov 10th, then Dec 2nd. Now they say it won't be released until Jan 21st. :(

When I ordered in January, Amazon said June delivery. Then said they didn't know when it would be. Then they said Nov 10th, then Dec 2nd. Now they say it won't be released until Jan 21st. :(

Exactly the same for me. I just checked my Amazon account - pre-ordered on 7th Jan 2020, but it states the book isn’t released until 21st Jan. 2021. Bit miffed if others are ordering more recently and taking delivery immediately?!

It doesn't look good. :(
The idea of taking pre-orders for a book is that you can judge the size of print run needed. And it must have been released if people have received their copies. You expect better service from Amazon.

It doesn't look good. :(
The idea of taking pre-orders for a book is that you can judge the size of print run needed. And it must have been released if people have received their copies. You expect better service from Amazon.
they delayed everything due to you know what and there was an article about how authors that are not so well known are going to suffer, as a long of the spring summer releases all came at once in October, along with the start of the xmas stocking filler books.

Maybe the big publishing houses have preferential treatment for their runs?

Back