• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George's 80cm - final shots

kipper said:
very nice mr farmer planter taught you well
Well what a peculiar comment Kipper, i think we will all agree that in a hobby like this it is inevitable that you will pick up ideas and experiences off of each other but to suggest that George "learned" from Planter is a weird one to say the least. Thats not to say that George couldn't learn from Planter. Is there a joke in there somewhere that i might have missed? is so then sorry but that does seem like and really strange thing to say....

Dan Crawford said:
kipper said:
very nice mr farmer planter taught you well
Well what a peculiar comment Kipper, i think we will all agree that in a hobby like this it is inevitable that you will pick up ideas and experiences off of each other but to suggest that George "learned" from Planter is a weird one to say the least. Thats not to say that George couldn't learn from Planter. Is there a joke in there somewhere that i might have missed? is so then sorry but that does seem like and really strange thing to say....

Dont worry Dan kippers a strange kinda guy :D

nano said:
Hi George nice looking set up you have there. I was wondering if you could tell me how you got the title EXPERT? Is there some sort of test or exam that we can take to get qualifactions for this wonderfull hobby? Or is this title given to you by the amount of years of experience that you have?
Thanks.

I was given the title, 'expert', by PFK a couple of years ago.

I don't really consider myself an expert, more an enthusiast who is lucky enough to be able to contribute to the hobby in the many ways I try to do.

Any chance of a full tank shot now it's not going into the ADA comp or is still under wraps because of Tropica's secret plant? I'm still waiting for their newsletter.

beeky said:
Any chance of a full tank shot now it's not going into the ADA comp or is still under wraps because of Tropica's secret plant? I'm still waiting for their newsletter.

We have to wait for the Tropica Newsletter I'm afraid - sometime early June I think.

BTW I've tidied up the last few posts as they were irrelevant to my Journal.

Hi George,

Some how, I missed this thread before. Congratulation, especially considering the depth of your tank. You done a really good job, very nice.

milla said:
I don't suppose you or anyone out there has any suggestions on how a light like the one you have above the tank could be fitted to a Trigon 190 corner tank?

Hanging over the tank on wires. Most Luminaires come with hanging kits.
Or can be purchased separately like :

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... cts_id=839

Thanks Milla,

I was hoping to avoid the hanging from the ceiling method because the plaster of our ceilings is not thick enough or strong enough to support the weight. The last time I did this with my other tank I had to take the carpets up in the bedroom above the tank, lift the floorboards, drill through the ceiling and fit a straight bar under the floorboards to suspend the wires from. :? Not much fun and I dont fancy having to do something like that again in the other bedroom above where the tank is now. Any other suggestions? :idea:

Cheers,

Steve

REDSTEVEO said:
Any other suggestions? :idea:
Shelve brackets on the wall and then hang the cord from that ;) There are some nice looking one in brass finish that could do the trick ;)

REDSTEVEO said:
Shelf brackets 8) I think you might have to draw me a picture I'm crap at DIY :lol:
Good suggestion though :idea: You have got me thinking now.
Cheers,
Steve.

All you have to do is get one that sticks out enough for the position of the lights, there are a lot of sizes available, something like this:

l10-8152.jpg

rm_hbbrkt2.jpg

RM_HBBRKT.jpg

RM_SWB12.jpg

Just some examples, there are so many options you just have to measure how much they must come foward and then go to a few stores and have a look at whats available.

Back