• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George's 80cm - final shots

I like that set up George....very nice indeed.

Do you have any tips for keeping Blyxa....i've never kept it before but it's on my wish list for the new tank.

Andy

New pics.

f_fulltankm_85b3c71.jpg

f_partial2m_4d0338d.jpg

f_emberm_e26175d.jpg

f_riometam_92a1dff.jpg

I will be using Blyxa in my background of my tank overhaul. Hope it's not too difficult.

Superb set up George, hope to have something like this, but I seriously doubt it given my level of experience with planted tanks.

sks said:
I will be using Blyxa in my background of my tank overhaul. Hope it's not too difficult.
I've found Blyxa quite easy. Thanks to JamesC for supplying good stock too...

With 2wpg, good CO2, substrate and water column ferts, I think anyone can grow it. Even my water is hard.

Thats really looking nice now, all your tanks all look so healthy and clean.

My only thought is that the wood looks odd and the tank might even look better without it or perhaps with another piece on the right. At the moment it looks like two seperate halves to me rather than one scape.

Tom

Looks good mate. The fish look really nice. Have you had too pull up any of the stems or are you just trimming them?

Being back at work this early is pump too, not that you'd know. ;)

gt568 said:
Looks good mate. The fish look really nice. Have you had too pull up any of the stems or are you just trimming them?

Hi mate

Good to see you on here.

I've not pulled any stems yet. I will need to in another few weeks I reckon, when the bottoms can't cope with all the new growth.

I'm back to work Montag. Can't wait to start getting up a 0530 every morning again!

Maturing nicely George

Not to sure about the blyxa in the foreground infront of the wood, id like to see more anubias and rocks with a more full glosso carpet. The rotala also could do with a few stems infront to fill it up a bit, but if your replanting the tops soon that should sort itself out

Look forward to its development

james3200 said:
Maturing nicely George

Not to sure about the blyxa in the foreground infront of the wood, id like to see more anubias and rocks with a more full glosso carpet. The rotala also could do with a few stems infront to fill it up a bit, but if your replanting the tops soon that should sort itself out

Look forward to its development

Thanks for the detailed critique, James. Always interesting to hear different opinions...

George Farmer said:
gt568 said:

Hi mate

Good to see you on here.

I've not pulled any stems yet. I will need to in another few weeks I reckon, when the bottoms can't cope with all the new growth.

I'm back to work Montag. Can't wait to start getting up a 0530 every morning again!

0530, a lie in then ;)

Trimming the tops has been great on my red rotala, really filling up the tank, and to think all the years I've wasted uprooting stems :rolleyes:

Well...

Jeremy and Dan popped over yesterday and blagged some stuff including most of my glosso and hairgrass.

Later on I decided to remove my wood and it's ripped up most of the Rotala and Blyxa.

So a major re-scape is in order (any excuse for me, much to my wife's dismay!)

I'm keeping most of the plants but going for something quite different, more suited to the height of the tank.

So watch this space.

(I've moved this from White Room to Journals).

Just after removing wood.
f_rescape001m_9458322.jpg

Got any shots from the front George? From this angle looks a lot more open (obviously) but can't really say much more at this angle.

Back