• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi all,

Thanks for the lovely feedback - it's really appreciated. :)

One thing that's been really bothering about my set-up is the black cables running down from the lights.

_MG_2027.jpg

I've had a few ideas and suggestions from friends but I had my own brainwave today....

White heatshink tubing.

This simply shrouds the black cables. You heat up the heatshrink and it encloses around the black cables. Obviously the white will hopefully blend in with my walls and be less of a distraction.

Hi all,

Thanks for the lovely feedback - it's really appreciated. :)

One thing that's been really bothering about my set-up is the black cables running down from the lights.

View attachment 357

I've had a few ideas and suggestions from friends but I had my own brainwave today....

White heatshink tubing.

This simply shrouds the black cables. You heat up the heatshrink and it encloses around the black cables. Obviously the white will hopefully blend in with my walls and be less of a distraction.

Sounds like a good plan to me you can get it from
12.7mm Diameter White Heat Shrink Tubing heatshrink sleeving - Heatshrink-Online

You can also get spiral cable tidy stuff in white I think. A little easier to put on in some ways, (i.e you wouldn't have to remove plugs etc) though the black might show through in places, and it's fiddly in its own way. I used a black version to cover the dodgy bend in my DIY light hanger.

If your tank is gonna be there for a while, you could consider adding some electrical wiring on the ceiling? Then the wires would snake down via the hanging kit. Not so sure about the controller though.

If your tank is gonna be there for a while, you could consider adding some electrical wiring on the ceiling? Then the wires would snake down via the hanging kit. Not so sure about the controller though.

I thought about this but it would surly limit the adjustment to the lighting. Ie distance from tank

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Will be another beauty George.
The simplicity of the plant choice will enhance the natural feel I think.
Really like the addition of the transitional stones to the right sand area too :)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back