• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Hi George seeing that you have some fissidens fontanus in your current set up , do you know if this will grow in a non co2 tank, or even with just liquid carbon? Thanks in advance . Cheers

Fissidens will grow in a non CO2 tank as I have been growing some for at least half a year now. Fissidens Fontanus is a slow growing plant and in my low tech tank it grows painfully slow but its not dying. Having CO2 will increase the growth rate as long as nutrient and light matches the CO2 going in. I'm not sure about liquid carbon as I don't use it.

Hi all,

Here's a video of me doing a typical maintenance session. Best viewed in HD.

Filmed on my 6D by a friend who does wedding videos, and edited by me on Final Cut Pro 7 on my old iMac. :)

Fantastic mate. Was this what you tweeted about on twitter yesterday???

Love that song by the way

Beautiful video my friend! Just made me want to do maintenance of my tank now -23.32 h....

Lovely!

Thanks guys. :)

The missus is out tomorrow evening so I think I'll do some more video. The crazy Saturday nights us aquascapers lead...

I'm taking this whole set up and 'scape to a trade show (Aqua 2013) next month, at which point it should be near its peak. I may keep it going upon my return, or create something new.

Hi all,

Did a big prune on all the hairgrass today. Hopefully it will grow back nice and dense...

Sorry for the delay on supplying Riccardia to those that have asked. I'm re-using off-cuts by putting them in-between the rockwork to help enhance the naturalistic feel.

Here's a couple of shots.

_MG_2850.jpg

_MG_2871.jpg

I also spent most of this evening shooting and editing video. I'm uploading a 600Mb file as we speak (1 minute HD video) so it will probably be online in the morning. I'm a bit too excited about it if I'm honest, and am trying not get too obsessed with this videography lark... :rolleyes:

Back