• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George's Iwagumi

So the CO2 is being blown around instead of going into the external filter this time?
Any reason for the change? Getting better results?
I tried the CO2 into external inlet recently, but found large bubbles got stuck and the DC went blue.
Thanks.

Fred Dulley said:
So the CO2 is being blown around instead of going into the external filter this time?
Any reason for the change? Getting better results?
I tried the CO2 into external inlet recently, but found large bubbles got stuck and the DC went blue.
Thanks.
That's right, Fred.

I have a Rhinox 1000 on the right, with the lily pipes on the left.

The circulation picks up the CO2 microbubbles and distributes them very well around the whole tank. Very few reach the surface. A 1550lph rated filter helps...

I think CO2 mist is most useful in this open-style of aquascape, as there's minimal planting to block circulation. However, I generally prefer to use a glass ceramic diffuser positioned under a filter inlet in more densely planted layouts - if I'm using CO2 at all...

I would also consider an in-line reactor in a larger layout with tall planting, to prevent the poor diffusion you mention.

Cheers.

Fred Dulley said:
Thanks.

That's why I've got mine going into my powerhead which is a closed loop outside the tank. No possibility of it building up inside that I wouldn't think and certainly not yet after several months of running it.

Sam

George Farmer said:
No mate. It's not coming out until Oct/Nov issue.
Ah cool, which also means you most likely entering it in some competitions ;)

Back