• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

George's Nano

Hey George if u have any of that Hydrocotyle sp. 'Japan going spare give me shout I would love some for my nano. I will pay/contribute to ukaps ;)

George Farmer said:
5662510438_31ee4e2775_z.jpg

5662509914_8b69c6e307_z.jpg

Tom said:
You attach it just like a fern?
Yes. Or in this case, just slipped the stem under some moss and the roots attached themselves in a week or so.

I really like this plant, I saw it at TGM on Saturday (or at least one that looks like it). Can it not be planted into the substrate?

I know that you absolutely know what you are doing, but that is a very drastic re-scape. :)

I see moss, pinatifida, some crypts and a new plant, I cannot identify it. What plant is that? In between the rocks?

looks really fresh and clean George, i like the sand what is it?

how did the shrimp cope with the big change?? lost all there cover haha. also the Hygrophila pinnatifida is really interesting, i google imaged it and found some that had a red tinge to it...is this normal or maybe a slightly different variety of Hygropilla?

cheers

nayr88 said:
looks really fresh and clean George, i like the sand what is it?

how did the shrimp cope with the big change?? lost all there cover haha. also the Hygrophila pinnatifida is really interesting, i google imaged it and found some that had a red tinge to it...is this normal or maybe a slightly different variety of Hygropilla?

cheers

Pinnatifida is a lovely plant and does get red tinges, give it enough light, co2 and ferts, and the plant becomes a fantastic centerpiece.

5731413075_68d664deb7.jpg
DSC_2291 by GHOSTSWORD, on Flickr

I may have some cuttings soon, with roots, let me know if you would like to try it and I will send you some.

I have it growing on rocks and wood.

Ta,

Quality shot there luis, doing what you do best aye :) growing very beautiful healthy plants :)

Very nice offer luis, ill take you up on that when your ready.I don't have much to offer back, but I could should have some of this Hydrocyte(spelling) spjapan to trim in a few weeks if you want to swap? Thanks mate

Cheers

nayr88 said:
Quality shot there luis, doing what you do best aye :) growing very beautiful healthy plants :)

Very nice offer luis, ill take you up on that when your ready.I don't have much to offer back, but I could should have some of this Hydrocyte(spelling) spjapan to trim in a few weeks if you want to swap? Thanks mate

Cheers

:) It's ok mate, send me your address and I will send you some. :)
I got enough of the hydrocotyle sp japan, got about 5 pots worth. :) but thanks nonetheless.

I am thinning down my tank, not as much as George did his nano :) , so got to cut down my jungle.

Pop in, or send me your address. :)

Thanks, guys.

It's very different to the previous 'scape, for sure. This said, the main hardscape is the same; the Sumatra wood (now covered in moss) has been in there for about 3 years!

Plants are Java moss, C. wendtii 'brown', H. pinnatifida, and Ranunculus inundatus.

The substrate is a blend of Unipac Maui and Fiji Sand. These are inert quartz sands that look stunning in the flesh.

There's no livestock currently, as I moved the cherry shrimp and guppies into my 60cm.

Cheers,
George

Hi George,

Sorry to drag up an old thread - but I have gone through the whole thing and couldn't find an answer to my question.

How exactly did you setup the AquaMedic solenoid with the Fluval 88g kit? I'm interested in going this route (getting 88g kit) and want to run a solenoid to really get the most out of the CO2 canisters.

Thanks, and great nano by the way! :)

Back