• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
I wonder how that Twinstar will look in your tank. Hope it won't be to much distracting from the rest
Oh, it won't look pretty. I'm under no illusion. But it'll be easy to remove for photos, and it is a white unit on a white background, so it could be a lot worse.

Anyway, if it means I don't need to scrub my rocks, then it's probably something I can learn to live with...

Oh, it won't look pretty. I'm under no illusion. But it'll be easy to remove for photos, and it is a white unit on a white background, so it could be a lot worse.

Anyway, if it means I don't need to scrub my rocks, then it's probably something I can learn to live with...

I hope they come in black soon...great Christmas gift :)

Looks superb. I am impressed with your discipline. It must be tempting to add just a little bit of hair grass behind the rocks - or some other plant :).

On another note as I try to improve my photo technique. On your pics the back glass almost disappears into the white background. When I use my white background it ends up looking muddy greenish/greyish. Is this achieved in post-processing or just a matter of technique in the actual shoot?

Thomas

Is this achieved in post-processing or just a matter of technique in the actual shoot?

Looking at Amano's amazing collected works book, he has very similar contrast levels as George - big areas of black and shade. Hadn't realised before how important this is.

Would love to see a RAW file of the above shot as well as the jpg...

Thanks all. :)

On your pics the back glass almost disappears into the white background. When I use my white background it ends up looking muddy greenish/greyish. Is this achieved in post-processing or just a matter of technique in the actual shoot?

Thomas

There's no tricks. Because the tank is about 10cm from the white wall, and the light is suspended quite a way above the tank, the lighting produces the "white-out" effect that you describe.

I shoot jpeg, so the images you see in this journal are all straight from camera. Just some minor cropping and sharpening.

Hi all,

I have the Giesemann Futura up and running and I have to say that after a couple of minor installation issues (my own fault) it's an extremely impressive piece of kit. I've seen and tried a lot of LED units and this is the best so far. But it is also the most expensive by far, so one would hope so... :)

Some pics -

_MG_3881.jpg

_MG_3882.jpg

_MG_3877.jpg

_MG_3865.jpg

_MG_3866.jpg

_MG_3863.jpg

_MG_3861.jpg

It is very smart looking George, although the looks for me doesnt make the TMC rig a no go, its more the flexibility you have with this unit, the control over colour manipulation... 5 channels on this isnt it?

I am considering this or Pacific Sun, but these are so much more expensive, they have the branding and reputation I guess. I hope you and/ or Iain will do a seperate lighting review on these. I think it will be very helpful for people contemplating a big investment. If I go PS I maybe I could do one on those aswell... I just dont have the photography skills :)

ooh, looks ace george. The colour rendition on the greens and reds looks very sharp and more punchy than the last set of photos. Have you played around with the colour mix yet?
I thought i got an email yesterday saying mine was arriving on Tuesday, looked at my email again this morning and i must have dreamt it :(

5 channels on this isnt it?
6 channels with 4320 set points, just about covers it :crazy:
Topical Version per module:
10 x coolwhite B1
2 x green (490-560 nm)
2 x red (630- 790 nm)
2 x warm white
2 x royal blue (410- 430 nm)
2 x blue (430- 480 nm)

Looks ace George just your one pot carpet! :)

One thing which i do not like about the device. The super sharp corner edges of the unit. Looks nice but it's like a knife :)
Look forward to the review anyway. :)

Hard to tell from the single photo, but isn't this much more powerful than the 2 TMC unit was? Seems very strong from here

Thanks guys. :)

What power are the lights on for the photos? And does this have a separate control box?

For these photos I'm using full power on all channels except Royal Blue, which is at 20%.

The unit is controlled via Bluetooth from your computer, tablet or phone.

So how many holes in the ceiling now?

Just two. I'm using the same cables from the previous suspended lighting. :)

Have you played around with the colour mix yet?

Oh yes. Hours of fun. :)

Hopefully your unit will turn up soon. You'll love it.

One thing which i do not like about the device. The super sharp corner edges of the unit. Looks nice but it's like a knife :)
Look forward to the review anyway. :)

Hard to tell from the single photo, but isn't this much more powerful than the 2 TMC unit was? Seems very strong from here

Yes mate, the corners are very sharp. I think they look ok though, as they reflect the sharp corners of the tank.

And yes, much more powerful than 2 x 1500 TMC tiles (2 x 30w). This unit is 130w at full power. Probably enough for a 120x60x60cm... :)

The photos are a little over-exposed to be honest. I'm still adjusting! :)

Wow awesome light . The colour in the photos are amazing .
I really would like to see how the control panel looks on the phone etc this is a really nice piece of kit and your extremely lucky to own one :) .

What's the degrees of the lenses ? All the same or do they differ ??
It does look extremely powerful , is there any recorded measures of the intensity ?

I'm really into LEDs at the moment and I'm also in the process of changing my house over :)

Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Back