• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Tank is looking in good nick indeed!Feed the Bororas some live baby brine shrimp they will turn bright red in no time.I have tried other foods/live foods with my shoal of around 40 but nothing compares to live baby brine shrimp they love them and they glow afterwards!Cheers mark

George, have you taken any PAR readings in this tank yet? If so what are the PAR ranges at the substrate level please?
Hi,

Yes, the PAR ranges from 30 to 100 in the corners depending on how high the lights are. Recently I've moved the lights closer to see how the stems react. It's probably 60-70 at the substrate now.

Lovely photos! So, have you decided against having the diffuser on the inlet side of the filter?

I'm quite happy with this system but I think I could possibly add more CO2 if it weren't for the filter (JBL e701GL) 'burping' every now and then.

I think it's great that you're specifying the type of bubble counter. Either I have a leak, or my bubble counter (UP Aqua) makes considerably smaller bubbles than yours!

Cheers,

P

Still watching with interest :) Moss is going great in that shot above. Great work, tank looks very natural looking.

Hi George,
new stems look great, but wow, that moss is looking so natural :artist: .
Sorry for spamming your journal, but its growth very much reminded me of this moss stump i photographed whilst away on holiday. Not a great photo by any stretch of the imagination, but thought id post it to illustrate how natural your yoghurt blended painted on moss looks compared to mother nature herself:

p1080497a.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

EDIT: Sorry for the massive photo :wideyed:

Back