• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Get your garden out

Some lovely gardens ....here is mine , lived here for 35 years and bought it for the garden which was derelict when I first came here. Hope you like the pics
P1050717 (800x534) (2).jpg
P1050719 (800x534).jpg
P1050719 (800x534).jpg
P1050719 (800x534).jpg
P1050727 (800x534).jpg

Hi all,Lovely, what is the fern by the pond, is it Gymnocarpium?

cheers Darrel
I think its a type of Maidenhair fern , I never keep the labels so not 100% sure ..its spread and isnt even planted , ive just crammed soil under the pond thing and planted it

I see what i can do Tim, might place it in the pond section.. Sneek peak.. :) Still a mess and nothing going on but death from last winter..
But this year the idea is an old cut in half wine barrel RH side on the higher lawn behind the tub, with some lily and a lotus and some more feeded by the tub and an overflow back to it. Behind that ugly diy firewall and stove stands another swamp bucket out of sightt filled with irisses and other plants, so tub feeding the bucket, the bucket feeds the wine barrel and all runs back into the tub. :woot: Splashing! Hydrowhateverics. :thumbup:

View attachment 85058
I think that'd be amazing...it's a very creative looking space;)

Some lovely gardens ....here is mine , lived here for 35 years and bought it for the garden which was derelict when I first came here. Hope you like the pics View attachment 85084 View attachment 85085 View attachment 85085 View attachment 85085 View attachment 85086
Lovely...I can see the layers of maturity and year on year work.

it's a very creative looking space;)
:lol: It indeed laks any kind of uniformity.. My house is rented and the (previous) owner is a scrooge and used whatever he could get his hands on obviously.. In a way it has it's charmes.. If it wasn't the north side with moss and algae growing on everything imagineable i would have painted it long time ago.. But since i'm not planning a repaint every 2 years i just leave it like that. Flowers can do a lot, so just lets make it chaby chique.. :woot:

This is quite embarrassing. I've so enjoyed reading about aquascaping that it has inspired me to try something alternative in a small border in our front garden.

This is more about me practising and learning than it looking good. Aquascaping has given me the confidence to try out design ideas

I thought I'd have a go at a 'Japanese' inspired border with a dry waterfall (karensansui). I've planted an acer, cherry, azaleas, ferns, conifers. I'm having a go at cloud pruning a conifer I got on sale. I'm encouraging moss. I'm growing Sagina subulata (Irish moss / Corsican Pearlwort) as a carpeting plant from seed to plant out in the summer.

I'm not at all happy with it, but I am really enjoying having a go!

FrontGardenFront.jpe

FrontGardenLeft.jpe

FrontGardenRight.jpe

FrontGardenRocks.jpe

Attachments

• FrontGardenFront.jpe
    FrontGardenFront.jpe
    1.9 MB · Views: 154
  • FrontGardenFront.jpe
    FrontGardenFront.jpe
    1.9 MB · Views: 150
  • FrontGardenFront.jpe
    FrontGardenFront.jpe
  • FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    3.8 MB · Views: 149
  • FrontGardenFront.jpe
    FrontGardenFront.jpe
  • FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    3.8 MB · Views: 142
  • FrontGardenRight.jpe
    FrontGardenRight.jpe
    3.7 MB · Views: 156
  • FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    3.8 MB · Views: 154
  • FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    FrontGardenLeft.jpe
    3.8 MB · Views: 154
  • FrontGardenRight.jpe
    FrontGardenRight.jpe
    3.7 MB · Views: 146
  • FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    3.6 MB · Views: 146
  • FrontGardenRight.jpe
    FrontGardenRight.jpe
    3.7 MB · Views: 156
  • FrontGardenRight.jpe
    FrontGardenRight.jpe
    3.7 MB · Views: 152
  • FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    3.6 MB · Views: 148
  • FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    3.6 MB · Views: 141
  • FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    FrontGardenRocks.jpe
    3.6 MB · Views: 150
We filled 3 of these trailers with concrete,my wife's pretty good with a sledge hammer and barrow. She's not one to watch me work. View attachment 21545 after 3 weeks cutting our way into the garden it still looked like this. We had that many fires the slabs underneath exploded and fired the bin into the air. View attachment 21546View attachment 21547 just ignore my builders bum and focus on the guns :D the pond in my first post. Sorry all I tried flipping the pics only to make them worse.:(

do you live in australia?

Thanks chaps!
It was quite a tricky thing to build mainly because I built a multi part mould for the dome & that took me ages...
Still, I now have a mould that I can use again.
We have cooked all sorts of food, I love fresh mackerel sizzled at 750f for about two minutes. The oven stays warm for 3 days after the fire goes out.

IMG_0458_zps1lwgb8f2.jpg

IMG_0459_zpsbk0s4tqh.jpg

Back