• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Getting CO2 tubing onto hose-tails

zed

I have a pair of 6mm hose tails. Is there any way to get my 4mm inner diameter (6mm outer diameter) CO2 hose onto these tails?

I can order some 4mm hose tails but have the 6mm ones in my box-of-bits already.

Thanks.

Depends on the tubing, but you might struggle. The best way is to heat the ends of the tubing. I tend to use a mug of boiling water, or sometimes use a lighter to heat the ends up for a second or two. Just be careful :)

Already tried the mug method ;)

Unfortunatley, it didn't work. I'll give the flame method a try!

Thanks

Yeah, CO2 tubing can be a real bugger to get onto larger hose tails. Good luck :bored:

AquaEssentials carry a line of plastic hosetails and connectors which are pretty good. I have a Y adapter and a connection joint. I must admit, I still had to heat the ends of my particular hose up but I managed to get it on...

I think that CO2 tubing, by its pressure resistant nature, is just a pig to do anything with :lol:

my J pipe is 6mm and my hose 4mm. I boil the kettle and then dip the hose in it then struggle for 10 minutes on each end of the J pipe and then never ever remove the hose ever ever ever.

Mug of boiling water cools down too quickly if you need several attempts.

AC

Just been struggling with a hairdryer on full blast. My finger tips are now glowing like this: :oops:

:lol:

Managed to get the the tip of the tube on, but couldn't push it any further.

I'll get my builders gloves out and give it a go with the kettle tomorrow.

The barbed fitting is to be attached to my DIY CO2 reactor, so if the kettle method fails, I have some of these that I can use instead:

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/product_im ... 63-cat.jpg

Back