• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Gh kh

Kevin70

I have a planted tank and I'm wondering if my water is too hard I have my gh at 9 and my kh is 4 I have lots of different rotala and stem plants tia

An overwhelming majority of plants will <thrive in a wide range of GH and KH>. You should only be concerned with GH and KH if you have very hard water and are trying to keep soft water plants. But rotala sp. are not soft water plants and your GH and KH levels are perfectly normal moderate levels for tap water. If you provide enough nutrients to the plants you should experience no issues with those parameters.

Last edited:
Thanks guys no I'm not having any trouble but u hear different things all the time and I just thought my water was very hard

Thanks guys no I'm not having any trouble but u hear different things all the time and I just thought my water was very hard
A dGH of 9° is in the middle range (for example, I have ~15 dGH in my tap water). Please note that these qualitative classifications do not mean much and each country or region defines their own. A couple of examples below.

1643028228135.png
1643028308607.png

Back