• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass Catfish and Chili Rasboras?

Sim33

Seedling
Hi, I'm new to the forum and still pretty new to "the wonderful world of aquascaping" ;)
I have a 200L jungle style with a big group of chili rasboras and cherry shrimp amongst others.
I really want to get a small group of glass catfish but I'm a bit worried if they will snack on their tiny tank mates.
Thanks!
Sim

Hi Sim,
I keep Glass cats (3-4") alongside Guppies and Sparkling gourami and they never bother them, admittedly Chili rasboras are smaller but I don't think there would be an issue. The shrimp I'm not sure about.

Kryptopterus vitreolus are very peaceful fish, sometimes timid and can be sensitive to changing water parameters, also note they grow fairly quickly.
I have them in a group of 4 and they seem to do well but I suspect they'd do better in a slightly bigger group.

Cheers.

From my experience they will slowly, but surely hunt down anything they can fit in their mouth. I started off with these as my first proper breeding attempt, I had 4 and they were fairly lose fish, kinda hung out with each other, some nice colouration in the gills. But they didn't spawn, I added 8 more and they didn't spawn. However they did at 12 become a shoal, and I was fearful for everything else in the tank. Lovely behaviour, nothing too erratic.

I'll try and find some picture of that (on my home, parents ancient PC) as this was my first "aquascape".

Back