• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass diffusers

Yep I used them for years, only switched to an inline diffuser so get more kit out of the tank. I was running a nano diffuser on my 250lt as well, so that one should be fine. I would suggest getting two so you can clean one whilst the other is in the tank (they are also very easy to break!)

Sam

glass diffusers produce small bubbles of co2, but the bubbles go to the surface and is lost to the atmosphere, i dont see how this is a good way to dissolve co2 in the aquarium... can someone explain this to me..

I have a glass diffuser in my tank and it works really well. I have it at the back of the tank underneath the filter outlets. The mist gets dragged up to the filter outlets and blown all around the tank. By the time the bubbles have reached the surface, they have almost completely dissolved anyway. I'm not really bothered about an inline diffuser, as they restrict flow and if you hide the diffuser behind the plants at the back of the tank, you can't see it anyway.
I have been using the glass diffusers from APF for a while now and they produce extremely small bubbles.
Cheers

Back