• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

glass diffusor cleaning tips

Paulus

Hi,

I found an old glass diffusor in some old aquarium stuff boxes :p but the diffusor isn't tha clean anymore. the glass itself is a bit white and the ceramic plate (top) is green. how can i clean this? i cant get inside the glass. will war mwater do the trick?

any suggestions? :rolleyes:

I have pure thin bleach in a pump dispensing bottle (out of reach from children).

I put the diffuser in a drinking glass so the ceramic plate faces upwards, then add a small amount of bleach direct to the surface of the ceramic disc.

After a few minutes rinse off the bleach (and drinking glass) thoroughly and hey presto! This way there's no need to syringe out water/bleach solution from inside the diffuser, like there is when you soak the whole diffuser in bleach/water.

Paulus

I use baby sterilising fluid – I have heard Miltons is good, bought the supermarkets own brand works a treat.

Regards
paul

Back