• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass inflow that is 35-40 long?

TOO

Hi all,

I am planning my new 75p, possibly as a paludarium. The tank is 45 cm high and my goal is to have the water surface go to about 15-18 cm. Out flow will be through a glass spray bar with the water output angled towards the glass. Problem is to find a glass inflow that is long enough to be submersed when the water level is only 15 cm or so. The issue of course not simply the height, but also how high up the pipe the inflow slits are placed. The ideal pipe would be the ball type.

I usually frown on people who send out lazy requests like these, but I have searched high and low and even been in touch with both Aquasabi and Garnelenhaus, but without a good solution. One option is to use a cut glass type pipe, but I dislike the big bend it requires for the hose to go over the side.

Long story short: have any of you come across (quality) inflows that meet the above requirements? I am also open to stainless steel type of outflow/inflow.

Best,

Thomas

Did you contact Green Aqua - I believe they have custom glass work done (re their 90cm cube tanks)

A local glass blower?

Thanks for suggestions. Was hoping for something more straightforward than 3D printers and glassblowers :):). Took a look at CalAqua, they have one that is 35 cm but the slits seem to be placed rather high up.

Another solution: has anyone come across U-type glass in 12/16 or 16/22 mm, similar to the ones you can get for CO2 tubing? In combination with a cut glass piece this could work to get the tube over the rim in an elegant fashion.

T

Was hoping for something more straightforward than 3D printers and glassblowers :):)
Alas I’ve looked for years for glass intakes for my old 55cm tall tanks ..... and concluded it’s either custom or replace the aquarium

https://www.aquasabi.com/Borneo-Wild-Join-Glass

Is this not what you want? You could use some clear filter hose to connect it onto some acrylic pipe cut to size, drilled/ sawn for flow and covered with a shrimp guard to hide any botched work. Wouldn't be perfect but it'd get the job done without looking terrible.

and concluded it’s either custom or replace the aquarium

That's easy then!

Is this not what you want?

Now we are getting there, thanks mate. How did I miss that?

The downside is too many connections, but combined with an acrylic pipe or one of the cut glass pieces it would definitely be an acceptable option.

T

Back