• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass lily pipe

Themuleous

I just got my glass lily pipes and just wanted to run something past you all.

This is where I got them from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lily-Pipe-inflow- ... .m14.l1318

29e2_1.JPG

Now my issue is that looking at them, the actually lily part (i.e. the 'bowl' the water leaves from) isn't as shown on the advert. The bowl is actually pointing downwards, so the the lower lip is actually virtually below the upper lip, like you can see here

Lily.jpg

Now I've run a bit of a test and I don't think is seems to act in the same way as say an cal aqua lily due to this 'fault'.

Has any one got a cheapo lily like this and if so, how do they find it?

Cheers :)

Sam

The shape of the outlet looks almost the same as the one on the auction, it just looks like it hasn't been bent upwards enough during manufacture. Looking at the ADA range, it looks like the shape is the right way too.

My large Cal Aqua ones point down and the flow flows down (surprisingly :rolleyes: ) I can't comment on the ones you have there, they look ok though.

The ones you received are not the ones pictured in the ebay advert. Although they are advertising as Large the picture is of the Nano version hence only 1 sucker point on each pipe in their pic. Yours are larger and therefore have 2 sucker points.

As for the angle. The current Cal 'efflex' one does point down!!! This is from their site:

The Efflux outflow pipe carries the unique downward-angled funnel design to provide increased water movement to lower parts of the aquarium. This reduces stagnation points and improves gas and nutrient exchange for low and midground plants

Most of the others do indeed point up. I would see if it works OK and if not you have plenty of grounds for a refund seeing as they sent you different to the advertised picture.

Andy

Glads its not just me that noticed the 'flaw' in the one they sent me, cheers Andy.

I also see what you mean about the Aquacal ones. Guess I'll just try and see. Its the fact that I didn't received what was being advertised that got to me more than anything. But if these ones work OK then I'll bite my lip and use them, they weren't expensive, not that that is the point.

Thanks again

Sam

They look very much like the PM Glass design to me, Sam. I hope to be using the PM type on two EX1200s pretty soon.

I also use the Cal Aqua which point downwards.

Dave.

Back