• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass Lily Pipes on Large Diameter Acrylic Tubes

Hi All,

I am starting to set up my TMC Signature 60x40x30 with my Tetratec EX1200 (May be way too big for the tank but I was trying to avoid buying a new filter)

Im putting my Lily Pipes on but in terms of positioning them, and having them sit upright on the side of the tank, you really are at the mercy of where the acrylic tubes want to rest, The tubes are trying to bend back to their original coiled shape which is putting massive strain on the lily pipes. They are facing all sorts of wrong angles when I fit them the pull from the tubes is so strong its pulling the Lilys off of their suction cups and forcing them to face sideways along the glass.

One annoying thing is with the Signature Cabinets is the hole for tubes is only at the back so you are stuffed if you want the inlet and outlet anywhere but the back (well in my case Im stuffed anyway until I figure out how to stop the tubes pulling the Lilys away)

Any Ideas? I could cut the tubes down but that limits their use if I want to move my inlet/outlets later on.

Sorry yes, the standard filter hoses.

With your tank George I see you have a G3 filter which is apparently good up to 300l tanks...my ex1200 is for 200L+, Im now wondering whether I will get away with keeping my filter if you are using such a powerful filter (Im assuming you havnt got the flow turned down? Or is it the spray bar that helps with that? I dont want my substrate getting blown about)

Back