• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glo T5 overhead lighting

aaronnorth

How is the light spread on these? I am thinking about getting one (2 x 54w T5 version) but the 2 tubes seem too be close together and it looks as though the majority of the light will be focused just below the unit - is this the case?

also, what is the maximum width of the glass that can be used?

Thanks.

Themuleous said:
Sorry, cant help you specifically, but do you have a LFS that sells the Osaka range of tanks? If so they are supplied with this lighting so you'd be able to see it, in situ.

Sam

they have just sold their display tank as it that specific model has been continued - never really concentrated on it before, typical :rolleyes: :lol:

I have had a few replys and it seems as though they are ok with regards to light dispersal, however i now need to find out what the maximum glass thickness can be.

The reason i ask is because i will be getting a fluval roma 240 and i need to upgrade the lighting, but the rim is glued on so the thickness may be something like 20mm and i am unsure if it will fit - i know with the arcadia luminiares you can buy an attachment which allows you to use it on thicker glass.

Here is a picture of my current fluval, and as you can see it is really thick edge:

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0074.jpg

Thanks.

I have one of the double GloT5s (2 x 39w).
It seems to spread the light faily evenly.

Also the adjustable clamps open a good bit, so you should be OK but here's the man to ask:
jonathan.wright@rchagen.com

Back