glosso or HC?

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by AdAndrews, 2 Feb 2010.

1. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

Im considering changing the moss in my nano tank to a foreground of either hc or glosso, im unsure which to go with, i have the following stats, which should be fine with both:

35litre tank
    3x8w t5 lighting
    2ml easycarbo daily
    2ml tpn+ daily
    co2 at lime green.

One reason is because the moss simply seems to attract algae, hair(may be thread, is there a difference?) and a tiny bit of bba.

other reason is that i fancy a change, and like to keep on experimenting with different things...

pictures would help if anyone has grown a nice carpet of hc or glosso, already had a good butchers at Andyh's, hc carpet, which is very nice.

:thumbup:

2. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

On a smaller tank I would recommend HC as the leaves are much smaller and would look better and more compact.
    Also glosso grows much quicker so maintenance is more intense and you have to keep it in check or it will melt near the substrate if it does not receive enough light.

Here is a photo from my glosso carpet, more photos in my Rio Journal, I just planted Glosso and HC again in my tank so keep an eye on it ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that helps ;)

3. AdAndrews

AdAndrews Member

looks awesome LD :) i hear what you are saying, and tbh, i spose i should be thinking about the future and the fact that i probably wont have too much time to spend on my tanks.

thanks