• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

glosso or HC?

AdAndrews

Im considering changing the moss in my nano tank to a foreground of either hc or glosso, im unsure which to go with, i have the following stats, which should be fine with both:

35litre tank
3x8w t5 lighting
2ml easycarbo daily
2ml tpn+ daily
co2 at lime green.

One reason is because the moss simply seems to attract algae, hair(may be thread, is there a difference?) and a tiny bit of bba.

other reason is that i fancy a change, and like to keep on experimenting with different things...

pictures would help if anyone has grown a nice carpet of hc or glosso, already had a good butchers at Andyh's, hc carpet, which is very nice.

:thumbup:

On a smaller tank I would recommend HC as the leaves are much smaller and would look better and more compact.
Also glosso grows much quicker so maintenance is more intense and you have to keep it in check or it will melt near the substrate if it does not receive enough light.

Here is a photo from my glosso carpet, more photos in my Rio Journal, I just planted Glosso and HC again in my tank so keep an eye on it ;)

pict0030pf2.jpg

pict0046mu4.jpg

pict0249hk0.jpg

Hope that helps ;)

looks awesome LD :) i hear what you are saying, and tbh, i spose i should be thinking about the future and the fact that i probably wont have too much time to spend on my tanks.

thanks

Back