• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

glosso

Nick16

how many glosso plantlets will i need to get to fill a 120cm long strip that is about 4 plantlets deep. i can get 50 of them (1 pot) or a deal if i buy 3 pots. seeing as i have never used this before i havent the faintest. does it really need 3wpg?

Nick16 said:
how many glosso plantlets will i need to get to fill a 120cm long strip that is about 4 plantlets deep. i can get 50 of them (1 pot) or a deal if i buy 3 pots. seeing as i have never used this before i havent the faintest. does it really need 3wpg?

To be honest you could spread 1 pot out across the whole area or use up to 5 pots, it will just depend how closely you plant them! I'd go with 3 and see how it goes as it will always grow in and do so rather quickly if it's happy.

Glosso does not need 3WPG. I have it growing happily under 2WPG. It's very important to make sure that you have enough flow, nutrients and especially CO2 getting down there into the glosso IME.

i will have 2 TT ex1200's and a cheap version of a koralia pushng out 3000 lph (my tank is 240L)
co2 will be from a 2kg FE. lighting will be 2x39w T5 ( 1 skywhite and 1 grolux) and 2x38w T8 (not sure on colour) = 154w on a 63 USG tank = 2.45 wpg.

i think i will go for the 3 pots of glosso. how far apart should i plant them then? 2-3cms?

my plant list will be:

foreground:
Glosso
Midground:
E.tenellus
C.parva
anubias, java fern, mosses on wood.
Back:
Bacopa Australis
Rotala rotundifolia 'Green'
Alternanthera reineckii 'lilacina'
Didiplis diandra

if you can see any issues or have any comments please let me know.

Plant each stem individually as close as you can. The closer you plant them the quicker they'll knit together to form a carpet. They should send horizontal runners out across the substrate from the nodes just above the substrate. Then just trim off any stems that head towards the surface iof any do.

Back