• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

glossostigma elatinoides carpet tank!!

that is cheap at the moment but i guess it will rocket up. I actually took delivery of a 4*24W t5 from EQJ last week. Got it for a good price of £52 delivered but after londondragons recent experience with them im hoping the balast will last out :(

its currently running just two bulbs while i sort out my algae problems

Jeremy said:
I think that the tank is too small for Discus, and they really need to be in groups of five or more.

Making them adjust to cooler temperatures isn't really ideal either, as the welfare of the fish should come first.

I know you must love your Discus but I would either get a larger tank, and a larger group of them or get rid of them.

The glosso doesn't really suit their feeding style either as they like to bounce food particles off the substrate, so a bare patch for feeding is best.

Don't think I'm just snapping away at you for fun, I'm not, but I've seen a lot of great Discus tanks over the years, and the big ones are always the best in terms of aesthetics and the best for the fish.

The temperature mentioned was 27 which I would have thought would be OK. I'm not a discus expert by any means, but that seems fairly warm to me. How warm should they be kept?

The glosso is nice, but have to agree though that it doesn't suit the fish and vice versa. The fish are so dominant that the carpet almost looks like an afterthought.

stuworrall said:
that is cheap at the moment but i guess it will rocket up. I actually took delivery of a 4*24W t5 from EQJ last week. Got it for a good price of £52 delivered but after londondragons recent experience with them im hoping the balast will last out :(

its currently running just two bulbs while i sort out my algae problems

I nearly bought a EQJ but decided they'll be cheap for a reason. I'm well impressed with my Arcadia. But then if I had a tight budget, needs must etc.

Back