• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glossostigma elatinoides

johnny70

I bought a pot of this today £3.29 :D cheap! I though, what is the best amount of light for it? I'm planting a shrimp tank with aquasoil topped with sand, purely as I dont have enough AS to do it :( Its a 35ltr tank, has an 11w light, but I do have another one I can add to it. or would that be too much? Will be dosing dry salts as I do on all my tanks and easycarbo :wideyed:

Any other tips for Glosso I need to know?

Thanks
JOHNNY

ok thanks for the input, looks like I might just bin it now:(

JOHNNY

yep, glosso will need quite a light source.. does exceptionally well under T5 because of the higher output per watt. In situations with too low light, it will race upwards, rather than thicken up and carpet. It also needs a good substrate to get its feet into, and ALOT of CO2 and a good feeding schedule.

If you can provide all that, you wont find a better carpet'er, in fact, youll have a job keeping it under control! Without those things, you'll struggle and end up with leggy stunted growth, or sudden fall off of growth as it fails to acclimatise.

There are rumours that it doesnt like alkaline tank water, but I grew it with no trouble in very alkaline southern water. Lots of CO2 and light is the key.

Thanks Matt. I won't be injecting co2 :oops: so I'm thinking it's not going to go well, I will be using some ADA AS under my sand and also water column dosing and I can provide the light too, so just the co2 which is a PITA:(

JOHNNY

Back