• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Gluing wood harder than I thought, A ton of plants arriving tomorrow, its go time

ojustaboo

Nothing ever goes exactly to plan :)

Have had my wood soaking for a few weeks waiting for the plants to be in stock, finally at go time, so yesterday cleaned wood and let it dry, today I glued it in place.
No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it like my original plan (had tons of pics from all angles) , when I finally managed to get it looking okish, I noticed a big gap between first and second rock, but the woods glued and the plants are on their way :)

I think the original looked better (pic with plant names on) will still play around with small stones on right but the rest is pretty much fixed now.

The amount I've spent on plants/hardscape etc my wife will not be pleased if it goes wrong :) but I'm sure it will look great in the end. Any comments before I start planting (in about 15 hrs time) again don't want to move big rocks as wood glued to them. I will brush dirt off rocks tomorrow when glues fully dried

A huge thanks to Aquarium Gardens who have been inundated with numerous questions from me on a weekly basis since January :)

Thanks

Attachments

• p0.jpg
    p0.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 483
  • p1.jpeg
    p1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 246
  • p2.jpeg
    p2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 283
It may not be exactly as you planned, but that doesn't mean its gone wrong. It's pretty darned good IMO.
I think you've done yourself a favour as it happens, compared to the first picture, you've created more space to actually get your hands in for planting and maintenance.

It’s taken me about 10 hours, didn’t go exactly to plan, when I filled tank, a lot of the foreground grass ended up floating, wife wasn’t impressed with flood in kitchen (stupid hose tap connector leaking), too exhausted to do co2 will do it in the mornin, a couple of plants floating which will be replanted tomorroW, didn’t come out as good as i wished but came out better than I expected (if that makes sense) it’s my first attempt, at times I felt like a 5 year old attempting their first air fix model (glue all over the place) but I’m happy with the result, see attached pic.

Attachments

• 9D1D75FF-3D22-4098-B57D-44500F996C2B.jpeg
    9D1D75FF-3D22-4098-B57D-44500F996C2B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 256
I feel your exhaustion!!
In 3 weeks it'll be a different tank, and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.
That's going to grow out lovely.

Looks really good. I hear what you're saying, i had a similar thing when i set my first ever tank up last year, back and forth trying to get the hardscape right, plants floating etc 😆 Was all good in the end, and sure yours will be too once it starts growing. Yours is a similar design to mine, i just have sand in the foreground. Aquarium Gardens were equally as helpful to me, big thumbs up for them 👍

It looks great!
I’m about 3 weeks in and messing around building a CO2 reactor now. It’s a full time job this aquascaping! 😂 i don’t know about you but I found the build mega stressful, I was broken at the end of the day. To top it off I wasn’t happy and re-did it a week later, what a muppet! 😀

It looks absolutely great! I started on small tanks thinking it would be an easier entry into the world of aquascaping... Turns out nano tanks have their own set of challenges! I only plant and fill the tank when no one is around because I don’t want them to see my temper tantrums or the mess I generate. Once it’s over and the maintenance starts I realize it’s never going to look exactly as planned and with time it will continue to evolve and that is the beauty of this incredible art! As exhausted as you must have been, I bet you must have felt a great sense of accomplishment. I can’t wait to see more progress pics!

A week later (got one of those LED lights that takes 10 mins to come on and go off to mimic sunrise/fall, took this pic part way into the lights going off, it’s a shame they can’t stay like this all the time as I think it looks a lot better in this light)

To be honest, while I’m currently doing a 75% water change each day, I’m not touching the plants at all at the moment as I’m scared I will mess things up

Attachments

• 964B90C8-F822-427A-8C3C-E37D4BE03F15.jpeg
    964B90C8-F822-427A-8C3C-E37D4BE03F15.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Back