• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going Dutch by the book - tank sponsored by Tropica

"at the same time having gaps" I was looking at this and wondering the same thing this morning. I'll be interested in seeing the process of deciding who gets what space.
Great tank!

Bruce, yes, that's one of the challenges: keeping the plants on the right place (and with the right height).

Yes, I never had any problems with the tap water. I don't remember exactly the parameters (i can test it if yo guys wish) but never had any problem. I use to share my journals and in all those journals i never used any RO water or water bought in supermarkets, etc.
I remember that in 2 tanks i used a product from Equo to bring the GH up a little but only that.

Am i lucky? What are the problems you have?

Pedro.
Do you know what are your gh and kh?

Hi all

As far as I have seen in previous journals, Pedro has both a GH and KH between 8 and 10 (please Pedro correct me if I am wrong). This in my opinion is a very acceptable water. I can only achieve these values by mixing 1:1 rainwater and tap water. The question about water hardness and its suitability for planted tanks arises quite often in the forum. Even if there are excellent examples that demonstrates that you can grow whatever you want with whatever water, I try to avoid extreme hardness values (my tap water is 20-25dGH).

Jordi

Thanks Paulo for the update.
Yes I was away since the beginning of the week and on Thursday I went to Spain to Iberzoo and Iberzoo Aquascaping where i personally met some great Masters of our hobby like
Long Tran Hoang (IAPLC Winner and lots of plates), Luca Galarraga (many plates), Fernando B. Francischelli, Juan Puchades, Albert Escrihuela , Adam Paszczela and other great spanish guys.
I saw workshops and talks where i learned a lot. I know very little about aquascape next to this guys :(

Today they came to Portugal and we all went to Florestas Tropics where we had the first backstage visit ever (they told us).
Some hours later i still can't find any words to describe it... no words at all!

Great days. Great friends.

Pedro.

(Pedro can you do a post and write about the tank or is it NDA)

Edvet, the only NDA they asked us was for the charts and written info they had there (that's a work place and have schedules, etc).
But i tell you that after seeing the tank from above my mind was not on tubes or other technical stuff.
I have lots of photos and video. I must have some time to post them :(

Pedro.

Sounds awesome Pedro your ate indeed very lucky. I was there last month but didn't have the chance of going backstage. I did wonder how on earth they achieve filtration and CO2 filtration with such a small number of water entries. But don't blame for not thinking about that only when I got home I realised I only had taken a few pictures because I simply forgot to take them while skittering the beauty

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hello Pedro,
Can you please specify the kh and gh in the tank?
Respectfully, Rabin.

Back