• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going Dutch Tropica 1-2 Grow Style

Going away for five days...the lighting has been dropped to 4 hours and c02 to 6 hours. The tank won't be dosed as I don't have anyone trust worthy enough to do it lol! Massive water change this morning, and dosed accordingly.

Here's a quick snap of the reflections in the tank.
9235993159_4eb364f5f1_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Lush, full already and red :)
Enjoy your trip away.

Looks like a real summer garden mate, well i suppose it is really, just with fish in!

Thanks everyone, struggling with 'o' Internet access so everything is really slow.

I'm really happy with the plant health I the tank, can't praise 1-2 grow enough tbh.

Just got back in from our short break away and everything is ok (ish), the R Mac hasn't gone as red with, all I can think, dropping the light levels for 5 days. It also hasn't been dosed at all. It looks like it's ready for its second trim in a few days though.

9272394452_bc128eb231_c.jpg
image by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

It looks great Ian! It looks loads more mature than its age and the plant growth is incredible too... Just goes to show how powerful those LED tiles are as well.

That looks great Ian!:) I've been wanting to try a 1-2 Grow pot for ages but don't have room in my nano!:D

Thank you James! Sounds like its time for a re scape then!

It looks great Ian! It looks loads more mature than its age and the plant growth is incredible too... Just goes to show how powerful those LED tiles are as well.

Thank you Gary, the tiles are great IMO, the best lighting I have used. Thanks again mate.

Lots of envious people watching this I would think!

Cheers Foxfish, that is very humbling, again thank you for the comment.

Ian,..do you have 2 lily pipes in there? Whats your total filtration turnover rate please? It's looking magical,...spotless tank.:)

Thank you faizal, there is a ehiem 2073 and a hydor prime 600, so 1750ltr per hour at the moment. Obviously there's a slight on that.

Looking good mate, but honestly, I bet you can't wait to do another Nature Aquarium!!? :)

Thanks George, mate...I'm finding this an arduous journey, and ill be glad never to see a stem plant again! It'll be worth it in the end though (I hope)

I agree. This must feel a bit like farming :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers mate, yes it is, the mrs likes it though...I don't know why!

Back