• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

going low tec

danmil3s

I've decided I'm going to go low tec with my large tank 7'x2'x2'. reason for going low tec are 3 hours of maintenance every Saturday are getting a bit much, the cost of gas just went up again the thing causes me more stress than i can be bothered with. and even doing every thing by the the book i still cant grow most of the plants i try.
ive a couple of questions at the moment ive got to t5 lights running the length of the tank im assuming this will be too much with no co2 but it would be nice to be wrong on that. when i turn the gas of do i just switch it of or is it best to lower it slowly over a couple of weeks. as flow can be lower in a non co2 tank do you guys think an fx5 on a spray bar will be enough. as for ferts would one days worth of EI a week be to much.

From reading about such things, it seems that plants devise strategies to cope with low CO2, so you might taper it off to give them time to gear up their coping mechanisms.

i just switched it off lowered the light level a duration, had no problems yet.

Back