• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going on holiday

lstratton

What would you guys suggest? I am going away for 10 days over Easter and can't get someone to come in everyday which is fine for feeding the fish, but with the ferts, i'm not sure what to do. I was thinking of reducing the lighting and the CO2 from 10 hours a day to say about 5 hours, with no ferts, do you think that would be ok? I just don't want to come back to an algae infested tank, having just cleared of BGA!

Whats your fert regime.

I use EI (dry ferts), so what i do is portion out the food into daily containers (labeled) (paper cups) and add the dry ferts to the food. Your helper is then feeding both fish and plants. Because you haven't got a helper every day, get them to add some when they can (better than nothing),just make sure you measure it out for them before you go away.
I also reduce the lighting period to 7 hours ( i also raise my lights by a inch or two) - do this a day before you go away so you can adjust the co2 down if neccessary. My lights and co2 are on timers so easy to do. Ensure you will have enoughj co2 - put a new bottle on if unsure.

Works for me -so far not come back to any problems.

Back