• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Goldfish - the Destroyers

aquaticmaniac

Hello all, long time no post. I haven't been around much since I live on a boat (only fish in the water!), but I've got a question. My MIL has a ~300 gallon freestanding (black) indoor pond with goldfish. It's in a conservatory, and the only lighting is sunlight; has good flow, but some stiller areas. I'd like suggestions on low light, cold water, goldfish proof plants that are fairly indestructable (the MIL disturbs the plants as much as the goldies :rolleyes: ). I'd like to help her find some plants, since she doesn't have the time to, but don't want to spoil the goldies with an expensive salad.

Any suggestions? Thanks, I'd love to finally see some plants in this oversized tub :D

Java ferns and Anubias tied onto small pieces of rock that can be moved and re-arranged at will without disturbing them. Depending on the set up you could also even use a tiny cold-water water lily in a pot, but only if the pond gets enough light.

Thanks, Ed. I was hoping for bigger plants, but will keep those in mind. I'm not sure the pond gets enough light for a lily. If it didn't work out, I could always move it to the outdoor pond. Thanks again :)

Java ferns can get pretty large, and with a good root system, crypts would be a good choice too, loads of large crypts to choose from :)

I'll probably put some of my java ferns and crypts in and see what happens :) Thanks for the suggestions!

Back