• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Golitha Falls

BigTom

Not the most dramatic of falls (more a tumble, I guess), but very pretty, even in the wet. Grabbed a couple of shots despite the rain while looking for wood -

untitled_by_hairytoes-d6rbc42.jpg

p1020413_edit_by_hairytoes-d6rbcci.jpg

golitha_iii_by_hairytoes-d6rc2u2.jpg

Whereabouts is it ? It looks like Beech as the dominant tree, but that doesn't say much as it has been planted all over. Really nice pics BTW.

Very very nice tom, one day I will learn how to take proper photos

Cheers Mark. You can have a lot of fun with photography, well worth investing some time in.

What ND filter do you use Tom?

Just a CPL to cut down reflections for these Rob. It was pouring with rain and dreary as anything.

Whereabouts is it ? It looks like Beech as the dominant tree, but that doesn't say much as it has been planted all over. Really nice pics BTW.

It's a little wooded valley on Bodmin Moor, Cornwall.

Thanks tom,
Its another one to look into, I only started properly looking into cameras last night so still a lot to learn all I know is im really interested in learning more and would like to do some astronomy photography as astronomy is a part time hobby of mine so I need a capable but affordable camera that can be used for everything, my misses is going to go mental lol :)

I'd probably look at Nikon and Canon in that case, as I'm guessing some of the more niche astro equipment might only be available in those mounts (not my field though, so I could be wrong). I'd also imagine high-ISO performance being a priority, in which case APS-C or full frame sensors are probably a better bet than m43.

Hi Tom,
Lovely pictures, is the third image two/three photos stitched together in an editor or is it using your camera's panoramic mode?
Cheers,
Nutty

wow that's pretty impressive i thought i could see maybe 1 or 2 unusual straight edges but to mix 12 like that is awesome, what software did you use to do it?
being a bit cheeky here but is there much post processing used apart from the stitching? (i feel like i'm asking a magician how he does his tricks eheh!)
Cheers,

It was done in Hugin, which is free and very powerful but a bit finicky. Takes a little practice to get good results. Then some final puppet warp tweaking in PS, before going through my usual processing which involves lots of localised contrast adjustments using various blending layers.

I had to push the bottom two shots a bit to get much colour out of the leaves because it had been raining for days and everything was very glum looking. The first is pretty much as shot though, barring some standard curves and local level adjustments.

Back