• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good background plant suggestions

chris1004

Hi,

I am looking for somthing which grows tall and bushy but with low maintenance and is quite sturdy so it can withstand a strong current at the back of my tank.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards, Chris.

chris1004 said:
Hi,

I am looking for somthing which grows tall and bushy but with low maintenance and is quite sturdy so it can withstand a strong current at the back of my tank.

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards, Chris.

Chris

Please review attached shortcut:
http://aquarium-gardening.com/results.php?category=5

Decide which position you require the plants + adjust the difficulty rating and press search it will give you a list of appropiate plants - there are quite dear - but if you shop around I dare say you will find them cheaper.

Regards
paul.

Hi,

Seen both the above links previously but they don't really give a lot of info on how strong/stiff each plant is. As I said there is a lot of flow around the back of the tank and its 21" tall anything without a 'backbone' just bends over horribly. I'm trying giant hygrophilia at the moment which I really like but the leaves are very flimsy but have a nice quality non the less.

Regards, Chris.

Hi,

Do you have or know of a picture in its submersed form?

Regards, Chris.

pest control said:
have you thought of a moss wall? :D

Hi,

Yes but not very seriously but now youv'e come to mention it it does sound like another excellent option. I've tried to grow several different types of mosses in the past but all without a great deal of success. I think its probably due to the fish I have/had in the tank at the time though as they treated the pogostemen helferri like a salad bar. :lol:

Regards, Chris.

Back