• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

good idea to add co2 to this setup?

creg

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19451

its only been up and running for 3 weeks and i have been using aqua carbon and aqua nourish. its already stocked with fish and inverts so i know i have to be carefull about getting co2 levels correct but was wondering if its worth adding co2 in the first place?

i would like growth rate to increase but im worried about getting the correct amount of co2 and ferts, any tips or opinions?

Adding CO2 is always a benefit to plant growth, you would have to add more ferts when adding co2 as the plants will use the nutrients up a lot quicker. Just use a drop checker to monitor CO2 levels and adjust it small amounts at a time until you get it lime green.

Matty1983 said:
Adding CO2 is always a benefit to plant growth, you would have to add more ferts when adding co2 as the plants will use the nutrients up a lot quicker. Just use a drop checker to monitor CO2 levels and adjust it small amounts at a time until you get it lime green.

the only thing is i have no clue how much to increase ferts, im already dosing 12.5ml a day and not sure if thats too little or too much.

i already have a full co2 kit with drop checker etc so thats no problem. i just dont want to mess up and cause algae.

Back