• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good plant suppliers?

bugs

My low-tech is going to be low-budget. I'm planning to plant a large variety of plants and see what grows and more or less let it do it's own thing (aka jungle).

I've got my eye on Java, Plants Alive, Pro Aqau Plant (ex Greenline), and Aquarium Gardening all as possible suppliers of "collections" or, in the case of Plants Alive, possibly some "Surplus" stock too.

It's been a while since I last bought plants and last used Aqua Essentials which is now outside my budget. Anyone any experience of the aforementioned potential suppliers? Good, bad, or indifferent experience? Did you buy a "collection"? Did it meet your expectations in quantity of plants and quality?

Cheers

Themuleous said:
Fluidsensor also sells plants and I believe are looking to expand their range :)
Sam
Have purchased a few from them and can only say good things about quality and size!

Maybe stay away from Aquarium Gardening. I ordered off them at the tail end of last year, and for the money I paid I was sorely disappointed. Very small pots, poor quality and very amateur packaging.

However, I got a few pots of E Acicularis from FliudsensorOnline about 2 months ago and they were huge. Really pleased with quality and speed of service. I really do hope that Themuleous is right about them expanding their range.

The Aquatic Room look very promising too. Have a look at the pictures they've uploaded already, and they look very good for the price.

Still gutted I cant get Aquafleur online anymore though :arghh:

Dave

bugs said:
My low-tech is going to be low-budget. I'm planning to plant a large variety of plants and see what grows and more or less let it do it's own thing (aka jungle).

I've got my eye on Java, Plants Alive, Pro Aqau Plant (ex Greenline), and Aquarium Gardening all as possible suppliers of "collections" or, in the case of Plants Alive, possibly some "Surplus" stock too.

It's been a while since I last bought plants and last used Aqua Essentials which is now outside my budget. Anyone any experience of the aforementioned potential suppliers? Good, bad, or indifferent experience? Did you buy a "collection"? Did it meet your expectations in quantity of plants and quality?

Cheers

I always use The Green Machine the plant quality is excllent, i am sure if you said for example, "i want to fill a 60l with planst and i have £30 they would help! That way you would get what you wanted rather than a selection of plants that might not suit?

I liked the look of The Aquatic Room so I have jsut ordered from there tonight, so hopefully the plants should arrive on friday.

Ill give my opinion about them when they arrive. They looked very decent on their pictures so I have no doubts about the quality, as anyone shouldnt as they are a sponsor on here and our sponsors only sell high quality goods :D

Will

Vito said:
WOW £2.40 a pot of HC at The aquatic room, that is value for money!

I've just received an order from the aquatic rooms. I ordered 7 pots of cyperus helferi and 5 pots of glosso

I got 8 pots of Cyperus.....probably one of the best plants i've had from a mail order company....lovely and green, tall, healthy....awesome

I got 6 pots of Glosso....probably the worst plants ive received from a mail order co. Badly packed, squashed into a tub, leaves were yellow and stems bruised and rotten.....bloody awful.

I have, however, been promised a replacement for the glosso.

Back