• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good Shrimp for Planted Tanks.

Krishs Bettas

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there is any more diiferent kinds of shrimp i can put in the tank along with my cherry and amano shrimp?
I was thinking red nose shrimp?
Would they eat thread algea and BBA?
Are they okay with plants?

Any more suggestion would be very helpfull :D

Krish

Using red nose in this nano

5468957670_bdf7abfb3e_b.jpg

5468949098_7d78322189_b.jpg

i do not see problem with the plants. they live with some amanos there.

you also can use tiger shrimp too, as they are decorative ones and not too hard to keep.
we do have them too in another nano.

My red nose shrimp have never eaten any of my plants but they are a variety from northern Australia

i've had no problems with cherry shrimps and love the bright red colour of them! but i do think that my amano shrimp does the same amount of work or even more than the three cherrys. Amanos are definatly very active.

Unless your lucky enough to get the true freshwater red nose I would stay away.
They are brackish shrimp and will die within 6 months or so.

The freshwater ones are native to Australia. You lucky so and so fishbeast!

Amanos are the most prolific algae eaters.
But won't breed.

Whereas most neocaridina (e.g cherries, snowballs, blue pearls) and caridina (e.g. tigers, CRS) species will breed for you. Which adds to their appeal in my eyes :) and also compensates for them eating less algae (strength in numbers).

Krishna how are your apisto's getting on with your current shrimp,

I would love some snowball shrimp but havnt got the space for another tank ATM but that's what I'd go for, tigers are especially nice also,

Back